Rad for a 65 Valiant

-

cadee

Reaction score
I was looking at an aluminum rad on Amazon, made by GREF/ GPI Racing. Very low price. My question/concern is, has anyone purchased this rad and did it fit correctly? I’m concerned about the upper and lower hose connections and the transmission cooler lines not matching up like my original rad.
Car is a 65 Valiant, 225, automatic transmission. Thanks

I had one in my 64 Valiant. It worked and cooled well but the fit was not that good. It fit, but nothing like a stock radiator.

And just so you know, "ALL" of those low priced radiators come from the same place. China. Doesn't matter whose name brand is on it. If it's cheap, that's what you're getting. Doesn't necessarily make it bad, but generally speaking, the details suck.

I put a Champion CC63DT radiator in my 64 Valiant slant six. Fit well and cools fine. Just be aware that the opening in the radiator support got larger in 1965. The radiator side shield is larger on the 65-66 radiators, than on the 63-64 radiators. part number CC6566
If this is the radiator you are considering, it is for a V-8 and will not work for a slant six. Aluminum Radiator FOR 1963-1969 Dodge MOPAR CAR Plymouth Valient V8 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 and it doesn't look correct in any case. That looks like a crossflow radiator, that won't fit the opening.

Last edited:
I ended up getting my original rad recored. Expensive but it’s fixed now and it’s one less thing to worry about.
Thanks everyone.

-
Back