Radiator 2898 031

-

dartkid69

Reaction score
Morning...I have a very nice 2898 031 rad that I was told was for a '68 340 Dart with A/C, can anyone verify that that was the usage for this component? Also is it of any value as I have no idea what this would be worth, the top tank is damage free, it does have a small leak somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Ric

My notes show this radiator was also used on 68 dart/barracuda/valiant with 318 and AC.
Thank you for the info, if I was to put this in the for sale section any idea what I should ask price wise. Probable not to many looking for an A/C rad.

Thank you for the info, if I was to put this in the for sale section any idea what I should ask price wise. Probable not to many looking for an A/C rad.
its the same rad for 340 max cooling so all gts and formula s 340 cars with ac would have it with small leak probably around 300

Value? --------- Maybe $100.00. Old radiators from the north country corrode. And solder decomposes with time. I've had a 40 year old radiator that didn't leak. It didn't cool much either. when I pulled the shroud off there were 'accordion springs' hanging off the backside. The fins had fallen away from the tubes! Brought it to an old radiator shop. The price they gave me to recore it was more than a brand new one. He said the recores use thicker metal.

Value? --------- Maybe $100.00. Old radiators from the north country corrode. And solder decomposes with time. I've had a 40 year old radiator that didn't leak. It didn't cool much either. when I pulled the shroud off there were 'accordion springs' hanging off the backside. The fins had fallen away from the tubes! Brought it to an old radiator shop. The price they gave me to recore it was more than a brand new one. He said the recores use thicker metal.
the value in this radiator is for someone restoring a 68 340 car and wants the correct number radiator not to just buy and throw in a leaning tower of pisa or lil teen car for those guys a new aluminum one would be fine

the value in this radiator is for someone restoring a 68 340 car and wants the correct number radiator not to just buy and throw in a leaning tower of pisa or lil teen car for those guys a new aluminum one would be fine
Afternoon....Thank you for the info....This rad was in my '69 340 Swinger up until a week ago, was in perfect condition, car never ran hot (185*) when it was 95* outside. A fellow who has a '68 340 A/C GTS bought it for 300.00 and he lives about 100 miles from my house....Ric

-
Back