Radiator/cooling issue (continued)

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
Well, I just got my radiator back from getting recored. It's now a 3 core unit.

I also just got my dual B&M plate style coolers for the car. One for the trans and one for the oil system (to be mounted after my Amsoil bypass filter system).

I haven't addressed the electric fan issue yet. I wanted to wait on that until everything was back together and I knew how much space I had to work with.

It was about $200 with tax. Not cheap, but much cheaper than an aluminum if you figure the cost of welding one up to fit my car. My rad was also the oddball 18x25 5/8 core size, rather than the more common 18x22.

I had it done here in Fort Worth at Kirby's radiator. It's an all purpose industrial shop, and a few of our club members have been going there for over 20 years.

You planning on mounting the coolers on the radiator or of? I'd suggest not hanging them from the fins, vibration and stuff will wear the mounting areas down...

No, I'm mounting them to a brace I am making. I'll post pics...

Well, I'm almost there. Did all I can do tonight until the paint drys on the top cool bracket. The cooler on the drivers side is for the transmission, and will be plumbed after the radiator trans cooler when I install new lines.

Oil System

Well, since Putfile is being stupid, I went ahead and attached a pic.

You can see the two B&M supercoolers at the lower front edge of the core support. I used some 1/16 rolled angle steel to make the bracket. There is also a matching top bracket that spans the core support and is mounted on two 1/4-20 studs (not pictured here). It's rock solid and sit about 2 inches off the radiator so it shouldn't affect airflow significantly.

On the fenderwall you can see my dual remote bypass oil kit. I've finished dressing up the lines, so the hoses are all pretty now. Capacity is now 7.5 qts with a stock pan (baffles installed) and the cooler.

-
Back