Radiator has shot craps

Heating / Cooling / AC

1. 512Stroker

512Stroker We are all here because we are not all there.

Local Time:
    3:08 AM
    The radiator in my 67 Barracuda has failed and I am not going to have repaired so I am looking for a good replacement.
    The car has a small block around around 375 HP, auto trans with A/C.
    I would like to go with a drop in replacement with out modifications, aluminum or copper.
    I live in a hot and humid climate so this thing has to cool, I will be running the stock 18 inch 7 blade fan and clutch hub.
    Can anyone recommend something that they know will work without braking the bank?
    Thanks in advance.

2. 1963dartgt

1963dartgt Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Champion radiators. I run one in my dart drive it in california summers no problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • 512Stroker

512Stroker We are all here because we are not all there.

Local Time:
      Well, bet me with a rubber hose I did not listen to you and I bought a KKS radiator, it did not fit had to return it.
      I learned a lesson.

• moparmat2000

moparmat2000 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      I know this is an old thread, but in which way did the KKS rad not fit? Did the rad support holes just not line up? Was looking pretty hard at one of these since the inlet, outlet, overflow nipple orientation, and mounting tabs look like it will be perfect for my sons 69. Will be running a 74 engine in it w 74 water pump and timing cover. So it will be lower right, upper left hose connections. If it's that the holes are a little off, could they be opened up to fit ?

• famous bob

famous bob mopar misfit FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      Don't know about being an old thread; I bent this Griffin about 5-6 yrs ago , I dropped the front end off a floor jack and it bent the front splash pan and rad. , about an 1 1/2' , I straightened the spash pan , the rad. IMG_0539 (3).jpg hasn`t leaked and in service now .

• moparmat2000

Local Time:
      A KKS526 will work perfect for my application. Seller offered to sell it to me for $185 shipped since I mentioned I wasnt sure about the quality and never heard of that brand. I figured at that price if the mounting is a little off I can correct that easy enough. They said they had been selling these radiators for 6 years and had very little issues with warranty problems. That being said, either he is feeding me a line, or he is honest about that. Or the people getting them are just correcting minor fitment issues and not bothering to return them. Considering taking a chance on one and reporting back on it.

• Ccas

Ccas FABO Vendor FABO Vendor

Local Time:
      4:08 AM
      The KKS and Champion radiator will fit your car but your OEM shroud will not fit that radiator without some significant mods.
      Also, a 3 row aluminum is not a bad radiator but you have higher hp, hot climate, Humid, ac and auto transmission. I'm of the school of Why take the risk that the radiator isn't going to be enough? It's a $100 gamble. $100 seems like a good investment in KNOWING you have the maximum capacity radiator.

• moparmat2000

Local Time:
      My sons car is what it's going into. Pulled the trigger on a KKS526 for 70-72 duster. Payed $180 shipped. For that price, I will take a chance. Sons car is a 69 barracuda. I have a 74 318 for it, so it needs that left side upper, right side lower hose connection and 22" width since I am reusing the stock timing cover, balancer, and an aluminum water pump.

His engine will be a mild buildup limited to bolt on power ladders. Intake, carb, cam, exhaust, ignition etc. Will have automatic trans Possibly retrofit A/C. I am sure this radiator can handle that. I made my own fiberglass shroud for the ECP super cooler going in my 67 barracuda. Still have the mould I used to make it. I will make another shroud using this same mould for his new KKS. Its same width, length, and will be using a 6 bladed 18" clutch fan. This should be AOK.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
      • Agree Agree x 1
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.