in place of my stock 1
what bottom hose did u use.
see pics
out lets are off

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Have you determined a hose to use? I too need to install the same radiator. The lower hose I removed from the original radiator is from NAPA part# 7271.

Last edited:
Don't know yet. Won't be able to try it until I get the new radiator. Should be here in a week. Champion didn't have a CC63DT is stock so they are going to mod a 64DT to look like the 63DT with the lower outlet on the passenger side. I'll get back to you in week or so with an update.

Thanks! I'll give it shot. Ordered it today. Let me know if it works if you get yours in before mine.

Thanks! I'll give it shot. Ordered it today. Let me know if it works if you get yours in before mine.
Try US Radiator they are the only one listing a 63-64 slant six radiator with the correct lower radiator hose outlet. not cheap but the belt won't cut the hose like radiators with the straight outlet and will bolt in without cutting the core support.
Plymouth Valiant, 1963-64 L6 Radiator
Brian

Thanks for the the link. I just did a loose install of the 2 core (1" tubes) AE64dt radiator and found that I can't get the fan blades back on because the radiator is too thick. I'm so bummed! I think that 20949 lower radiator hose that you recommended would have been a good fit. Seems all I can do now is pay for the a recore of the original.
all the best

Kiran

Last edited:
CORRECTION. Being the newbie that I am I didn't realize there was a spacer on the fan. I removed the space and all is well. I will be installing this saturday! Thanks for your help.

Successfully installed radiator. That lower hose you recommended was a perfect fit. Totally clears the belt. Thanks Brian.

All the best,

Kiran

I used Goodyear 60664 on my 64 Valiant slant. It bends aft to clear the alternator belt. My radiator also has a straight lower outlet on R side. Definitely not a stock radiator and probably not even for a Mopar. It was on the car as bought, along w/ a "Honda" battery, and M-B electric pusher radiator fan (no mechanical fan). The slant doesn't leave much room. I had to get just the right thickness after-market spacer to install a fan, and no room to fit even a thin M-B clutch-fan. Note how they offset and recessed the water pump housing in the block to squeeze the long slant into the early A's. Later cars might have a tad more room.

-
Back