Radiator in 63 Dart GT

-

73Charger318

Member Rt 66 Mopar Club
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can anyone give me any info on this radiator number? 2082174
I also have a seven blade fan, also not correct for the car.

According to parts book original radiator would have been 2276826 with a four blade fan.

Since this isn't the original radiator there's no reason to spend money to make it look nice again. Is sure looks like it could be 58 years old. I'm looking at this Champion. I've had good luck with quality and fitment with Champion in the past.

CC63DT

IMG_0459.JPG

I found out the seven blade fan would of been an option in 67, and since this is a 67-74 engine it looks like they changed more than just the motor. I'm guessing this radiator may have been from that period also but haven't been able to confirm. I think it needs to all go and put a new radiator in with a nice 4 blade fan.

A 6 blade was optional in 63 w/ac or HD cooling. I think it maybe the same as a 273 in 64

Thanks. This is a seven blade. I can't find any usage of one till 67. This is also a non AC car. So I'm not sure how this seven blade found it's way in. 58 years is along time for people to screw things up. lol

Surely that radiator was rebuilt as the cores eventually clog or corrode thru. Those round-top radiators tended to split at the seam. For me, in the middle on the fwd side against the radiator support where you could barely see the coolant dribbling out at first, at least 2 times that I recall in my 1960's Mopars. A shop which rebuilt one of mine said they soldered in an internal support to prevent that recurring. The 1970's square-top copper radiators seemed to not have that problem, but are far from "correct" for your car. Many people go with an after-market aluminum radiator. For a non-AC slant car, I'm pretty sure an OE radiator would be less wide ~19". Later non-AC slant cars had a filler plate on the L side to fill the 22" wide opening. I think 1963 cars had a 19" wide opening in the radiator support since there was no V-8 option until 1964.

I bought an OE style from US Radiator. The one currently on the car is also leaking. Four to five weeks to get it, but hopefully worth the wait.

-
Back