radiator needed

-

beebeeri000

Rest-O-Moder
Reaction score
hey i got a /6 duster and the drain plug broke off. so there's a gaping hole in my radiator right now. i tried to plug it with a plate and jb weld on the outside but it always leaks under pressure. can anyone help me with sealing this leak? or does anyone have a radiator for free or cheap? all my extra money is going to coffee and college right now.

if its a good rad, take it to old time rad shop and have them fix it! (easy)...if someone can donate ya a good one, then that would be great!!

im in a town of 80k no rad. shops here anymore.used to be 3-4.seems like a dying profession.with all the use and toss crap from overseas its no wonder

hey i got a /6 duster and the drain plug broke off. so there's a gaping hole in my radiator right now. i tried to plug it with a plate and jb weld on the outside but it always leaks under pressure. can anyone help me with sealing this leak? or does anyone have a radiator for free or cheap? all my extra money is going to coffee and college right now.
If the drain snapped off and the threaded part of the drain is still in the rad tank, then see if you can beg/borrow some taps and see if you can tap it for a small pipe tap or even a regular bolt tap, and put a small pipe plug or bolt in with some JB weld or teflon tape to seal it off.

If you have a radiator with copper tanks it can be soldered with supplies available at any home depot or hardware store.

yea so i took it out and soldered it back on but more cracks apeared, and i called up a radiator shop near me and their shop minimum is $50 and i cant do that

If you solder rads, you need a pretty hot and small heat source. You have to heat up a small area quickly and work quick, or the heat will spread and open other seams. The old butane plumbing torch will not do it.... which I guess you now know.

you should have found a good plumber before u messed it up, chances are he could have saved it!

bob it was messed up from the get go. all a plumber would have done is charge $100 to do the same thing i did with the same equipment. now i have a better working radiator and i didn't "mess" anything up.

-
Back