Radiator reccommendations?

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
To fix my stock radiator will cost $450/$550 depending in if I go 2 or 3 row. I see I can get a Champion aluminum radiator for 1/2 that. Looking for input on if Champion radiator is a good choice. They stock an exact replacement in aluminum 2 row.
TIA-DR:coffee2:

For "A" Body Mopars the width will be 22". --- The width of the tubes and the amount of fins per inch are important. -- For example a 2 Row with 1" tubes can be better than a 3 Row with 5/8" tubes. -- There seems to be a lot more options in the Aluminum Radiator market than copper/brass etc. -- A friend of mine has a Champion 3 Row in a 68 Barracuda and he says it cools fine. - His car is a pretty much stock 340 - 4 speed.

If you are not concerned about the non-stock appearance you have lots of choices. I am using the double pass style on my big block Duster and mounted it using bolts and sleeves across the top and bottom as you can see here...
vbpgimage.php

You also need to consider the fan shroud. They don't always work with after market radiators.

I dont care what anyone says, aluminum rads. dont cool as well as copper. Copper costs more but IMO worth it.

I dont care what anyone says, aluminum rads. dont cool as well as copper. Copper costs more but IMO worth it.
I have a few friends with Walker, Copper/Brass, Radiators in their Street Rods and they cool very well.

Whatever you choose, get more radiator than what you think you need.

Whatever you choose, get more radiator than what you think you need.
Get as much Radiator as you can get to fit. Cant have too much cooling Cap. BUT you can suffer with not enough. There was a reason cooper was used, UNTIL it cost to much for OEM. They will always out perform aluminum.

-
Back