Radiator recommendation 71 Dart with 440ci somewhere 460-470hp

-

RonsSwinger

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Mopar Family. Here is my issue. The car seems to run fine but I get nervous when it is a hot day 28-30degrees C (85-90 degrees F). The gauge runs a bit hotter and always recovers. I had an occasion where I climbed a hill about 2 miles in the heat and when I stopped the car it burped antifreeze. I have had other occasions where it didn’t burp, but I know from the radiant heat that it is sitting over 190. My research tells me that a large tube 2 core aluminum radiator would add enough cooling properties and correct the problem and keep the water temp 190 and under. No issues at idle. Am I on the right thought process.If so what radiator would be the best to correct the problem (using my existing clutch fan setup). I am in Canada, but getting a rad from the USA is not out of the question if it corrects my problem. I looked at a Champion Radiator and the reviews are hit and miss. What are your thoughts. Thanks in advance Ron D

Be Cool 1000hp unit. I've used 3 of them now and have no complaints

radiator.jpg

Here is another option:
Adding a good sized oil cooler also helps take away temperature from the block. Cooler oil allows the engine to operate happier as well. I am not sure of the room you have but a bolt on oil relocation kit and a secondary style oil cooler in front of rad will help. Just another way to skin the cat.

-
Back