Radiator recommendations for 360 Duster?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I’ll let the purist have the OEM rads. I’m looking for a nice/sorta budget friendly radiator for the 73 Duster with 360 I’m finishing now. Aluminum is ok. I really don’t want to spend $500 on a rad. What’s a nice rad for the money now? It’s a 4 speed FYI so no AT cooler needed.

I got a Champion 22" aluminum off of ebay for $206.00 really nice piece, with a 16" electric fan my duster runs cooler then ever..

On EBay, they list 70-71 Duster. Is the rad support the same on the 70-75 Duster’s? Mines a 73. Also, will a stock mechanical fan still have clearance with a 3 row? Thanks.

I also run a factory 318 A/C rad. It' 26" wide and I had it cored to 3 core. Cheap cause I had it already.
Cley

On EBay, they list 70-71 Duster. Is the rad support the same on the 70-75 Duster’s? Mines a 73. Also, will a stock mechanical fan still have clearance with a 3 row? Thanks.
In my 68 Barracuda I believe it would.
As said,I run the factory 26" 1973 318 A/C rad, with it's matching shroud. I have no idea how many rows are in that thing. I run a factory 7-blade fan on a thermostatically controlled fan-clutch from an early 2000 Ford pick-up. The fan does not even enter the shroud, being at least 1.2 inches short of where people say it should be. I haven't gone out to look, but I'd guess there is nearly 2 inches between the rad and the closest part of the fan assembly. I'll try and remember to go out later and look, after the snow melts off the hood,(we're expecting a chinook to come thru here for the next day or two.
If things change, I'll add an edit here

EDIT
I hate getting old, hang tuff, the above is not accurate
OK
I see the rad is a 3 row already and it's not a 73. I don't recall ever upgrading but apparently I did. The PN is 3781721 which might be from the 75Dart I once had. And the 7-blade is in fact inside the shroud now. And the distance between the rad and clutch is 1.5inches, and the clutch is the closest thing to the rad.The tubes appear to be 1/2 inch long with nearly as much space between them, and man do they look plugged up! lol.
So the answer is yes, a FACTORY 3-row fits.

Last edited:
I used an 88 truck 5 blade fan with the factory shroud and 3 core rad. No clearance issues on my 74 360 powered Duster.

Cley

I’m running a 3 core, 26” champion radiator in my 72 Duster with a solid mounted fan.

I purchased an OER brand for my dart. It is aluminum but it has a stamped top tank versus the fabricated style you see alot. You could paint it black if you wanted the stock look. The come in either Auto or Manual and have the stock mounting. May be worth the look.
1973 Plymouth Duster Parts | Cooling System | Radiators | Classic Industries
Perfect choice, I got mine and it fit 100% perfect and looks nice too...Plus it runs a lot cooler 3 core.

IMAG1061.jpg

IMAG1058.jpg

MD2296S.jpg

-
Back