Radio bezel restoration

-

sparksfly121

67 Dart GT Conv
Reaction score
After years of looking, I’m finally getting a used bezel for the dash! In order to restore it, I have a few questions.
Is the chrome on the plastic an actual chrome plating process or chrome paint?
Would the non-chrome silver areas be the often-used argent silver?
Are the black surfaces all the same black for the grain(shiny) and non-grain surfaces? Which black?
What color for the white?
Thanks for the help. If I find it too daunting, is there someone that can restore it for me?
The part in question for reference on this thread. [WANTED] - AC Control FM Radio Bezel for 1967 Dart GT

Last edited:
Search for “Cluster Restoration “ . This is a really good thread on this subject.

If you type "cluster restoration" in the box under your screen name you will find several threads. Just click on them and you can read them. Check out post # 13 in the one that's titled "what to do about old chrome". That's the el-cheapo way I did the one in my 64 Dart. Depends what you want.

The process is called vacuum plating.
It is not the same as paint.
Painted details are done later on top of the plating.
I just finished reinstalling an instrumentand glovebox panel, along with arm rests done by Vacu-ornametal.
You can see in my posts that they did a nice job, but if you want all the details 100% correct, you may have to do some additional work.

-
Back