Radio delete plates

-

71blueduster

Reaction score
Are they really that rare? I've been looking for one for a few months now that will fit my 71 Duster but haven't had much luck. I've seen a few listed on ebay but the people want outragous amounts on money for them and they never sell. I've also looked in the classifieds on other mopar sites and haven't seen anything.

Yeah, they are sorta rare. Not too many cars ordered without a radio. As to if they're worth what people are asking, I don't know. Why pay $100 for a delete plate when you can get a decent stereo for the same money? That's what i did. Was thinking of going the delete plate route, even found one for $35. Decided to go the Kenwood route. Glad I did

don

the strangest radio delete car i ever seen was a 1980 chrysler lebaron wagon. it had all the options except a radio.

I would put a stereo in but honestly I like to listen to the sounds of the car when I'm driving it. Plus I'd have to cut a bigger hole in the dash to fit a stereo. And I had the antanae hole filled and the car is pretty loud so the stereo would have to be pretty decent. I don't think one front speaker in the middle of the dash and the two rears would cut it. And I'm not going to cut up my new door panals or kickpanals to put speakers in.

I might just have to try to make something to cover the radio hole.

-
Back