Radio in 09 Challenger????

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. Hope everyone is doing good today:-D.

My question is for those of you that have the new Challenger or know of this issue. My son, who is in the Army recently got deployed to Afgan. So insteed of storing his car, 09 Challenger R\T, I got it, woooohoooo:cheers:. It had sat radio that just expired. And since the car will be parked most of the time we did not renew. But I drove the car the other day, turned on the radio to listen to some tunes and all I got was static:angry7:. Even trying to get the very local stations. What gives? Anyone know of why the radio will not pick up? It's like there is no anntena. Is this a common issue? I have not got with a dealer yet due to no time now. Are any of you haveing the same issue? Please help. We can still use the AUX hookup to hear the IPOD but not the radio. HELPPPPPP
Thanks for any help.

Hey all. Hope everyone is doing good today:-D.

My question is for those of you that have the new Challenger or know of this issue. My son, who is in the Army recently got deployed to Afgan. So insteed of storing his car, 09 Challenger R\T, I got it, woooohoooo:cheers:. It had sat radio that just expired. And since the car will be parked most of the time we did not renew. But I drove the car the other day, turned on the radio to listen to some tunes and all I got was static:angry7:. Even trying to get the very local stations. What gives? Anyone know of why the radio will not pick up? It's like there is no anntena. Is this a common issue? I have not got with a dealer yet due to no time now. Are any of you haveing the same issue? Please help. We can still use the AUX hookup to hear the IPOD but not the radio. HELPPPPPP
Thanks for any help.

They are kind of complicated, with the steering wheel controls. Does your son's have Nav?
I have a choice of 6 different sources for listening, and it shows up on the top of the nav screen, the one I have selected.
When my satellite got accidently turned off (because they are idiots, and it is a very long story, that has totally worn me out) I had static when the Sat was selected, but the AM/FM, hard drive, CD and aux all worked fine.

You use the arrows on the steering wheel to change the source.

No controls on steering wheel controls nor Nav. I don't think it has worked since he got the car last year. Thanks for the input though.

MIne worked fine on FM after the Satellite service expired. I'm gonna load up an ipod to use, it's cheaper than the sat. service, even though I liked it. Wasn't worth the $$ for driving 2500 miles a year.

MIne worked fine on FM after the Satellite service expired. I'm gonna load up an ipod to use, it's cheaper than the sat. service, even though I liked it. Wasn't worth the $$ for driving 2500 miles a year.
I would hate to be without the Sirius, but mine is my daily driver. The Sat updated traffic information, on the Nav, is the coolest invention since the Cheeseburger in my opinion.

It has saved me countless hours of having to to set in traffic, as it always seems to find the least congested way. The NAV without it, just seemed to be a traffic magnet and drove me crazy.

the FM worked before or was satellite used solely. Sounds like the antenna has become unattached. It's accessible thru the glove box

Thanks for the info 72dustyer. From my understanding from my son the radio stations never worked. He just used the satellite stations. Now we don't have the Sat, so you can't listen to any music while driving. I will go thru the glove box and see if its the antenna disconnected. Thanks all for your help.

Try pulling the unit out and check to see if the antenna is plugged in. I have seen them come out before. If not it must be a bad radio and is under warranty.

-
Back