Radio Interference

-

RealWing

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who installed a FAST system experienced any radio interference if the FAST wiring is run along the dash or near the antenna cable?
Just wondering if I need to keep the wiring well away from the radio or add any shielding to the FAST cables?
Thx
Jim

All radio wiring should be inside the car. But this does not mean you are "safe."

What does FAST do that would cause this?

Most of the trouble is likely ignition related.

Sometimes grounding (bonding) the hood to the body is a help. We used to run short bonding wires, one on each rear corner, to the firewall. You can also buy spring clips that bolt on near the edge of the hood and contact the hood when shut.

As long as you don't have the ignition box under the dash you will likely be OK

I have the FAST XFI and have had no interference problems, I even crammed both injector and coil pack harnesses through the same firewall grommet they supplied for the injectors... The only thing I kept it away from was my ALT wire, as I've heard higher voltage/amp stuff may be a problem.

I'm using the XFI 2.0 and the XFI and XIM boxes are in the glove box. The wiring comes through the firewall and runs near the radio. Becaese I'm using the stock AC heater box, there is not a lot of room behind the dash.

-
Back