Radio???

-
Ah, i dont really know about A bodies radios. But can you put in through the front and if not you could loosen the back up and get it in.

Remove the glovebox door and liner, snake the radio in through there and slide it up in place.

I don't know if you can do it from the bottom of the dash on non-A/C cars or not. All my stuff has A/C except my '65 Cuda (it has an Under-Dash Dealer Add-On A/C system)

If it's a non A/C car, the radio should fit right up into place. At most, you may want to remove the ash tray assy. and/or defroster hoses (carefully!) Just pull the knobs and nuts off and run it up into the face plate holes. Install the nuts, attach the rear support strap, plug in the antenna, power, light, and speaker wires, and reinstall the knobs. If your car has A/C, remove the lower vent assy first and the plenum that connects that vent to the heater/A/C housing. It's little tighter but you should still be able to wiggle the radio up and into place. I'd make sure the dash speaker is good before I went too far in that installation.

-
Back