Raffle off my Demon?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about it probably not being an easy thing to accomplish - with all the legal implications. However, I'd be in for several tickets if you managed to pull it off.

68 Dart GT Conv has an awesome idea about the envelopes. We can basically buy the envelopes from you, and one lucky guy or girl gets the title in one.

You can accept payments via Paypal - as gifts - that way there are no fees - and if you don't sell enough tickets, the money would be there to send back. Obviously, you'd have to set the number of tickets before you sold any of them. Once you receive all the cash, then you send out all the envelopes at one time, and one of the recipients receives the title in the mail.

We can do it this way, but the drawing i would like someone from the site to be there and maybe do the drawing at a local show..Maybe fall Carlise...

I don't see how it can be much different than when we all donate to buy a person a car or help someone out here like we do here on this site. As long as it's worded carefully. I think you would have to sell the car for $1 to the winner or something and then taxes would have to be paid in it based on the year and/or purchase price, which is legal. If it's won then the winner is responsible for paying capital gain taxes on it, or whatever they call it, which could be up to 50% of the value. If you take a "donation" and then decide to sell your Demon for $1 then it's probably legal... sort of.

I figure it this way...even if you bought 4 tickets at $25 a pop thats $100 total...so if you win, you just got a sweet demon and a ton of parts for $100...I think paying the extra $650-$950 to get it shipped is still well worth. And look at it this way, with all those extra parts, you could sell what you don't need and probably come close to gettin' the Demon for no outta pocket expence for you!!!

To many threads going on this subject, earlier post said free delivery??????

Some guy did that here a few years back with his house. He couldn't sell it so he raffled it off and mae more money off tickets than the house was worth.

LAWS LAWS LAWS...everywhere i turn its ...LAWS LAWS LAWS!!!
The guy's just sellin us pieces of paper,with numbers printed on em. On the given deadline, we use the Pick 3 lotto numbers (from sellers home state)...whoevers closest GETS a WIN NOTICE. If a member doesnt like the sound of the idea...he doesnt have to buy one. If we're talkin $25-$35 range for a ticket...im down for a few of em....uh oh...yall dont think big brother heard me did ya?:bootysha:

Like this idea. Would gladly pay $30 for ticket with chance to win or just help someone get an affordable classic. Would it be possible to have FABO hold title (kinda like pinks) & put all raffle money in escrow or similar account. Pick winner then dispense car and title to winner & raffle funds to HAUK?

Oldschoolcuda

Raffles are rarely legal unless done for a charity. That said if you are not making money or doing this regularly the government will not likely take an interest in it. No guarantees but as long as no one complains you should be fine.

To reiterate everything that's been said: Private lotteries are illegal unless you have a permit and ALL of the money goes to a registered charity or non-profit organization. It would also get this site into some problems with the feds. :(

To reiterate everything that's been said: Private lotteries are illegal unless you have a permit and ALL of the money goes to a registered charity or non-profit organization. It would also get this site into some problems with the feds. :(

I think you are all crazy..........sell tickets........ im in.....

But you guys know there will be that one guy on this site that will decide he's the guy that's going to squeal to the cops 'cause it's "not right".....

There's always one in a crowd

I once had a church pastor who liked to ask:
"What would you do if you KNEW you could do something wrong and NEVER GET CAUGHT?"
He then went on to say that THIS PROPOSITION is the definition of true integrity. And I'm afraid it's a trait that doesn't exist in many places.

My neighbor across the street runs a meth lab. Suppose I get the idea to give a free hit of crystal with every part that gets sold? I'm certain that some people here might go for the idea. I suspect (and hope) that the administrators and moderators of this site would object.

Like it or not, lotteries need to be monitored by some governing organization for their integrity. What keeps you from selling 5000 tickets here, then "drawing" your friend's name and have him sell the car back to you next week for $100 and you two split the money? Somebody here has already pointed out that you would have to have some "relief system" in case you didn't generate enough ticket sales to cover the cost of the car (most of those "relief systems" would be illegal)

By the way, when you start permitting "for profit" private lotteries in society, you diminish the effectiveness of fund raising for non profit organizations, many of whom depend on legitimate lotteries to operate.

Finally as far as that "one guy in the crowd"... I'm inclined to believe that many law enforcement officials are already members of this site. I have many friends who are honest, dedicated LEOs who happen to like classic Mopars. They shouldn't have to be put in the position of having to "look the other way".

Face it, "not getting turned in or caught" doesn't make it RIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back