Raise Swinger rear 2"

-

DartSwinger

Reaction score
I can have my tire shop add leaf springs for $300, or try it myself at maybe a little less cost but I'm not sure exactly what product I would need to do it, would one of these helpers from JC Whitney work? Thanks.

Hellwig Helper

Helper springs are just a band aid. For the price your tire shop is wanting you can get new heavy duty springs from JC Whitney that will solve the problem. Their springs are good quality pieces too.

Helper springs are just a band aid. For the price your tire shop is wanting you can get new heavy duty springs from JC Whitney that will solve the problem. Their springs are good quality pieces too.

They didn't have ones described as heavy duty for the Dart, but you say maybe just replace existing with something like this?

Extra high lift rear springs

Is there an easy way to lower them if it is too high?

I'm really new at a lot of this DIY stuff so I want to make sure I get exactly the right thing, all the help is appreciated. Thanks.

You mean Super Stock Springs?

I don't know. About all I know for sure is that air shocks are a bad idea, other than that I'm a newb here on rear suspension and looking for something under $2-300 that'll raise the rear few inches, maybe someone who's done it that has a specific part number or something would be great.

I can have my tire shop add leaf springs for $300, or try it myself at maybe a little less cost but I'm not sure exactly what product I would need to do it, would one of these helpers from JC Whitney work? Thanks.

Hellwig Helper

$300 for add a leafs? call espo and just buy + 2" springs and do it the right way. http://www.espo.com/

Yea you would be alot better off buying new leafs. I put the mopar xhd's on the rear of my duster and it raised it that much or maybe more compaired to the originals.

$300 for add a leafs? call espo and just buy + 2" springs and do it the right way. http://www.espo.com/

Threads here like THIS make Mopar XHDs sound like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. So not really for me...

Espo + shipping is coming out to around $300 anyway so I guess I'll just let the mechanic do it and save all the hassle, he's got the easy lift and labor, and does a lot of stuff for American Graffiti show cars here in Modesto so he's reliable.

But thanks for your feedback.

-
Back