Ralley Dash?

-

STR-14

I put the hoar in hoarder
Reaction score
I'm wondering, other than appearance, will the ralley dash and wiring harness from a 68-9 Barracuda work in the 70-71 Duster? They look like they should.
Daryl

Any A-body dash from 67-76 can be swapped among each other. The 68-69 Barracuda dash will have the ignition switch in the dash, were the 70-71 Duster has it in the column though.

you can take the frame to any welding shop & they will fill in the ignition hole. Yes they will swap,but the wiring connector to the tail lights may not be the same & they usually changed them yearly or every few years,but if your handy you can take the prongs out of the other & put in the other to work.

The rallye dash and in sheet metal dash and all will fit. Rallye dash as in instrument panel will not without a whole lot of labor. The screw holes etc.. will be in the wrong places.
When I added a long cable right remote mirror I cut a second switch bezel into my rallye dash. Another member put a later switched column in his car and used the one switch bezel in the dash for the right mirror remote.

I guess I could have been more specifc. I have a 71 Duster with the proper ralleye dash frame in place that originally came with the car. I am wondering if the wiring harness and instrument bezel from a 68-9 barracuda will fit in that frame? The ignition wiring will have to be modified. Any thing else?
Daryl

4 way flasher switch moved too I think. And your 68 up climate control wont mount in the 67 only housing.

Good information Redfish - thanks - I'm just trying to decide if I should use what I have available to me or get the correct stuff.
Daryl

-
Back