Ralleye rims on a car trailer?

-

68original

Got bourbon?
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever use 15" ralleye rims on a car trailer? Appear they would hold up well due to solid weld all the way around, but wondering if anybody has tried in the past. Rims are not worth re-doing so thought on the car trailer would be unique.

Already test fit and they will bolt right on without clearance issues.

Oh pics will follow, but safety first. I want to make sure the rims will hold up. I only have light weight A-bodies so the trailer doesn't get worked very hard.

18 ft dovetail trailer with two 3500 lb axles.

14" rallyes, last 15 years (change tires as needed)
Trailer rated tires,

084_zps3fc82a63.jpg

side shot

Dis regard my attempt to find shade, while grinding the block for roller lifters.. lol

trans jack does double duty > as a adjustable height tool tray
(old trans pan bolted to the top)

008-4_zps8e481d10.jpg

might wanna check laws where you tow. some states are very picky nowadays. i towed for years and years with pass car tires and wheels. ralley wheels ain't rated heavy enough. you also need trailer rated tires

'wrecked my trailer

yeh?

Yeh, broke a wheel. sombich's sure looked nice tho

Go to the Mopar show here in MN...half the car trailers there in the lot have MoPar or Rallye rims on them :glasses7:

Been trying to get to MN show for years and always end up with a conflict. Hopeful this year, thinking of bringing the 8 mile car to the show.

Hmmm, assumption on my part fully welded. I will check it out on my 15s.

Been trying to get to MN show for years and always end up with a conflict. Hopeful this year, thinking of bringing the 8 mile car to the show.

You should let them know now if you are, I bet they would put that 8 mile fish in one of their pole sheds where the "special" cars are displayed :glasses7:

Go to the Mopar show here in MN...half the car trailers there in the lot have MoPar or Rallye rims on them :glasses7:

i ain't sayin it's unsafe. might not meet some state laws, and that's all the 'scuse they need

Thanks for all the feedback. With all the responses to the positive, I would say its a go. Once I get them cleaned up and mounted I will post pics.

-
Back