Rally Wheel Backspace

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
Looking to put 15x8 Wheel Vintique rally wheels on the rear of my 73 Duster. The ones I am looking at are 4.5" backspace. Will this work ok with stock height rear, SS springs with a leaf removed on each side, 255/60/15 rear tires? Or do I need another backspace? I will be running 15x7s in the front.

I think 4.25 or even 4.125 may be the better choice. That way tires have better clearance from leaf springs.

I have some bare 15x8 4.5" backspace rallye rims you can test fit.

You have an 8 1/4 rear, right?

Sure do. Trying to get rid of the current 15x7 Torq Thrusts bc they just look goofy compared to the 15x7s also in the front.

Sure do. Trying to get rid of the current 15x7 Torq Thrusts bc they just look goofy compared to the 15x7s also in the front.

Could always do fine adjustment with 1//8" or 3/16 spacer.

When there is not enough backspace, there is nothing easy/cheap to make adjustment.

Could always do fine adjustment with 1//8" or 3/16 spacer.

When there is not enough backspace, there is nothing easy/cheap to make adjustment.

Was running an inch width hub centric adapter/spacers from ebay, but started getting a wheel wobble on the fall fling cruise so I took them off and it went away. Looks like some material was displaced from the spacer. Maybe some different spacers would work better.

Was running an inch width hub centric adapter/spacers from ebay, but started getting a wheel wobble on the fall fling cruise so I took them off and it went away. Looks like some material was displaced from the spacer. Maybe some different spacers would work better.

Why were you running spacers?

Wouldn't need to run anything that big with 15x8 4.5 backspacing.

Why were you running spacers?

Wouldn't need to run anything that big with 15x8 4.5 backspacing.

Actually meant adapters. Used them to push the edge of the wheel out closer to the edge of the wheel well, so that it looked more in line with the front wheels and the wheel wells looked more filled in.

-
Back