Rallye Clock??

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Just looked at a Rallye clock on e-bay said to be for a 68 Barracuda. Imagine its a replacement for a tach. Anyone seen one of these before?

71Duster said:
Just looked at a Rallye clock on e-bay said to be for a 68 Barracuda. Imagine its a replacement for a tach. Anyone seen one of these before?

You could get either a clock, tach, "Performance Indicator" (vacumn gauge...)or a blank plate. Not to contradicate Adam, but the clocks are more common than the tach. The performance indicator is the least desireable....

If your creative you can mount a 3 5/8" aftermarket tach into the center gauge opening for a fraction of what a factory gauge costs. Personally, a clock is the most sensible since it's in such a bad spot for an essential gauge.

Some people (like me...) mount a 5" monster tach on top of their dash :toothy7:

I just havent seen many clocks. Im sure alot have been replaced though. If you pull out the lens any 2-5/8 autmeter guage will fit in snug threw the front. I mounted my fuel level guage their.

I've got the tach, I wouldnt call it the msot hi-techa ccurate peice of electronic equipment on the car which is why I have an aftermarket tach on the console. Need to get the oil pressue and water temp done soon too. But I had plans on tossing the factory tach on e-bay. The clock looked cool or thought about the performance indicator just its the first clock I've seen.

anyone ever seen a clock installed? Just curious what I am going to plug the hole up with. Where does the adjuster cable get bolted to?

[/quote]
Some people (like me...) mount a 5" monster tach on top of their dash :toothy7:[/quote]

At your age Fastback you probably need that monster 5inch tach so you can see it. :shock: :geek: :D

I've got the tach, jsut at home on my console, my dad mad eme worried about looking for a clock. Back in the day when he was pullign wrenchs for Ford the clock went out in his Torino twice within 2 years. Makes me wanna shy away from them. Just want somethign to look at rather then a plate in the dash. Anyone got a performance indicator? Be a fun joke on the fuel economy side

-
Back