Rallye Dash Bezel Gauge lens Replacement

-

moparsince60

Reaction score
I am starting to replace the dash bezel on my 1971 Demon 340 with the rallye dash. How are the gauge lenses held in place and what do I do to take the lenses out of my old bezel and put them on my new bezel? Thank you.

They are melted in place with the tabs. Carefully pop them off and put your lense in place on the new tabs . Remember to scrape the chrome off of the sides of the new tabs/pins. While holding it in place after slipping the metal piece on put drops of JB Quik-set epoxy on the tab over the tab/ pin sticking through. Hold it until it sets up and move on to the next lense. Trying to melt them as they were in place just pops off. The full length of the pin with the chrome scraped off gives it something to grab onto. Just did another one

DSCN1205.JPG

DSCN1206.JPG

DSCN1207.JPG

DSCN1208.JPG

DSCN1209.JPG

They are melted in place with the tabs. Carefully pop them off and put your lense in place on the new tabs . Remember to scrape the chrome off of the sides of the new tabs/pins. While holding it in place after slipping the metal piece on put drops of JB Quik-set epoxy on the tab over the tab/ pin sticking through. Hold it until it sets up and move on to the next lense. Trying to melt them as they were in place just pops off. The full length of the pin with the chrome scraped off gives it something to grab onto. Just did another one

View attachment 1715479200

View attachment 1715479205

View attachment 1715479206

View attachment 1715479207

View attachment 1715479208

Thank you very much for your help. One final question, I have the high beam and brake light lens covers changed over, but I'm not sure how to do the turn signal covers covers. How do you change those over? Thanks again and have a great Sunday.

How I remove the green signal lenses... I put a short piece of pencil under the lens to apply some pressure. Heat with soldering iron melting upper stake usually allows the lens to tilt out from under the lower stake with little to no heat applied to that one. My goal was to put the lens back in a restored bezel though.

Can you buy new lenses for the standard dash, too? If so, where?

How I remove the green signal lenses... I put a short piece of pencil under the lens to apply some pressure. Heat with soldering iron melting upper stake usually allows the lens to tilt out from under the lower stake with little to no heat applied to that one. My goal was to put the lens back in a restored bezel though.
Thank you RedFish for your help. Hope you have a great week ahead.

-
Back