Rallye Dash Demons -Help-

-

HellerHighwater

Reaction score
I am in the process of converting a /6 to 340 Demon. I am trying to get this right now, instead of having wiring demons in my Demon later.

I have already installed the metal frame of a 71 rallye dash in my car. The car still has the non-rallye dash harness with a/c. I have a rallye dash harness (year unknown) and doesn't appear to be for an a/c car. The bezel is out of a 67 Barracuda with a/c. I am grinding off the 67 flasher hole in the upper left of the front of the bezel and covering it with the woodgrain panel from a 71.

On the back of the rallye dash there are two plugs, one circular 13 pin with two empty. There is also a three pin connector off to the right.

Anyone know what the three pins plug goes to (green, orange, red)?

Does anyone have the color codes for the wires?or might be able to email a color coded schematic or diagram for a 340 rallye dash?

What does it take to add the a/c wires to the rallye harness, or should I just use the non-rallye harness and try to cut it up?

Do I need to change any of the under hood wiring if I change out the non-rallye harness under the dash?

Does anyone have the actual part number for the Rallye Dash with a/c harness?

I have checked with PainlessPerformance but I already have both harnesses and instead of spending more money on this, I just need some wiring help. Thanks for any advice you might have!

the a/c needs to be taken out and added into any new/used harness. even new rally harnesses don't come with a/c. you have to carefully take it out of the bulkhead connecter, unwrap it and add it into the newer harness.

I will take the a/c wiring out of the current harness, and wire it in. Does anyone know if it is better to use the rallye harness? Anyone have a schematic of the rallye dash wiring?

Thanks!

The rallye panel has 2 seperate printed circuit boards. That flat 3 pin connecter is for the smaller , left side board.

The rallye panel has 2 seperate printed circuit boards. That flat 3 pin connecter is for the smaller , left side board.

Printed the 71 Plymouth and 71 Dodge dash schematics from mymopar.com - The Plymouth Valiant looks closest, but I cannot find the smaller three pin board on the diagram. I believe the wires are orange, red, and green. What does the smaller 3 pin circuit board run to?

I believe it may be easiest instead of trying to marry the two harnesses to pull the original non-rallye harness, put in the complete rally harness, try to wire in the a/c wiring, but I still can't find a diagram that shows the three pin plug and/or the wiring for an a/c rallye dash car.

Thanks again for any help!

ok If you can figure out where these wires are in the standard harness main connecter these are the 3 to be moved to the smaller board.
Highest or closest to top of the 3 pins is for left signal indicater.
next pin down (middle one) is Illuminatin, where it is in the standard connecter I dunno but in the rallye harness main connecter the wire for illunation is at 7 o'clock position. You may notice on the rallye panel main board that that is feeding only 1 illumination bulb yet also feeds power to the park brake bulb that gets its ground from the switch.
The lowest of the 3 pins it sortof stands alone is for the high beam indicater lamp.
sure hope this helps

Thanks for the info- I may end up getting a wiring schematic from Classic Car Wiring - color coded on a 11 X 17 laminated sheet. At least I will have it for future and when I get it may post the info for other FABO fans to have for a reference.

Any other info anyone has is much appreciated- Thanks!

-
Back