Rallye dash indicator lenses

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I'm getting ready to put my cluster back together in my 68 barracuda, my indicator lenses are pretty cloudy after 50 years , I see they are available on eBay, put seeing with shipping it would come out to about 100$ that's our of my budget.
Has anyone made there own or cleared up there originals ?
Thanks

Instrument pod lenses are clear and can be polished. Careful not to remove the black from the edges. Light entering the side would illuminate ever tiny scar.
"Indicator" lenses are red and green. Cleaning the red ones would probably remove the text from them.

Lemme chk to see what I have here. Maybe we could do a trade?
Hey Steve ..
I have my original indicator lenses..
I'll probably just try to clean them.
Or if anyone has some nice ones I'll buy them or trade something yes..
Thanks
Go Leafs Go

Top 2 are brakes, and bottom 3 are "hi-beams". Brakes are nice, not sure about hi beam. I'll try to "clean" one up.
Hey Steve ..
I have my original indicator lenses..
I'll probably just try to clean them.
Or if anyone has some nice ones I'll buy them or trade something yes..
Thanks
Go Leafs Go

20210422_105948.jpg

20210422_110148.jpg

Hey Steve
I'll confirm the condition of mine tonight, if I remember correctly mine are pretty bad, could hardly see light through them. Lol
Thanks
I have a bunch of those lenses but none any better than what Steve offered. Put LEDs behind them. BRAKE is the only one that has 2 wires. It gets it ground from the remote switches ( on hand brake mechanism and proportion valve ). All other lamps rely on the screws that attach circuit boards to housing and housing to dash for a chassis ground path. Adding a actual ground wire can help all of those lights burn brighter. At minimum, clean all of the copper contacts and screws. Careful not to over tighten those screws. Threads in the pot metal are easily stripped.

Hey Steve
I'll confirm the condition of mine tonight, if I remember correctly mine are pretty bad, could hardly see light through them. Lol
Thanks
Hey Steve
I cleaned mine up, they are actually pretty good. If I change my mind I'll let you know. I should be finally putting the cluster back together in next week or so, I'll be asking lots of questions lol.
Thanks

Cool, what did you use to.clean them up?
Hey Steve
I cleaned mine up, they are actually pretty good. If I change my mind I'll let you know. I should be finally putting the cluster back together in next week or so, I'll be asking lots of questions lol.
Thanks

-
Back