Rallye Dash Lights - 71 Demon HELP!!!

-

GY3 71 Demon

Reaction score
I could really use some help with this...

After removing the driver's seat and getting my better half to look under the dash there is absolutely no way for me (us) to reach the sockets to change the dash bulbs.

I only have one bulb that works and it's the one for the tach.

Couple of questions for those that may have done this before - are the dash cluster bulbs easily accessible from the front? And if so, does any one have some detailed pics of how to remove the cluster to get to them?

We could only reach one socket/bulb from behind the dash - it was located on the lower portion on the right side (fuel/temp/oil/bat). All of the bulbs are not working on that side and when I checked the only bulb we could get to - it was good. So it appears at least on the right side there is some other problem.

Thanks for any help...

The procedure for removing the instrument panel is in factory service manuals 67 through 72 editions.

Wanna make life easy for yourself.....only takes a few more steps.

1. Remove seat - 4 bolts if a bucket...may be more if its a bench.
2. Drop steering column. - 6-8 bolts depends on how much room you need.
3. Remove instrument cluster and change lamps.
4. While your there you may want to clean up the circuit boards and back off/re-tighten the ground screws.

http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/132152-1967-dodge-dart-instrument-cluster/

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...967_plymouth_barracuda_dashpanel_restoration/

Here's a pic that I send to every rally panel owner I deal with.
Shown is a spot where the printed circuit board extends beyond the pot metal housing. To grab the panel and lift here is a bad move.
To pull the panel out just a little and tilt it face downward will very likely break the top most of 3 contact pins on the left circuit board. It's too close to the top edge.
Again, Everything about these panels is extremely fragile and somewhat booby trapped too. Please handle with care.

Attachments

• DOH! factor.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 184
-
Back