Rallye Gauge A/C ?'s

-

Stacked360

Reaction score
I've got a HVAC box out of a 73' Duster that I just rebuilt with new seals and cores...and I have rallye A/C controls from a A-body Barracuda, the push button style. I've seen some A/C units in Dusters have only 4 buttons, where as my setup has 5. Does anyone know the difference in these two units? I'd like to make the barracuda controls work with my 73' box.

That is going to be a challenge.Everything about the heat and air changed between 72 and 73. If someone hasn't already worked the puzzle before you, you will need to take a pre 73 factory service manuals info and a 73 up manual info and mesh them.
In the end you would be an expert on those vacuum manifolds.
It might be easier to just cut the later controller into the rallye panel.
Those mechanical push buttons were trouble makers anyway.
I'm subscribed here, interested in how it works out. Good luck

It might be easier to just cut the later controller into the rallye panel.

Like this?

S5000468-1.jpg

I wish I remembered where but somebody on here has detailed instructions on doing this.. Have you tried searching on here??

Like this?

Well sort of like that. I'm thinking his is a rally dash though. I didn't think about the fan switch being different too before my post above.
tell ya what though... I 've got a dealer installed under dash a/c unit here that I pulled from a Dart ( I dont recall what year model ). At first glance it can be mistaken for factory air since it looks so much like the factorys vent array. A closer look and you would notice control switched mounted between those vents. Very glad I grabbed it when I did.

I think that will help a ton! Thanks! It looks a lot more straight forward than I thought. I'm hoping I can still get a vacuum switch for it, as mine is questionable...and has some cracks in the plastic. saw the NAPA part # in that thread. (Edit) Rock auto still sells them, thought I'd post it here in case anyone was looking for one yet.

Does anyone have any more pictures of A/C controls in a post 73' Duster, Rallye or not?

I 've got a dealer installed under dash a/c unit here that I pulled from a Dart ( I dont recall what year model ). At first glance it can be mistaken for factory air since it looks so much like the factorys vent array. A closer look and you would notice control switched mounted between those vents. Very glad I grabbed it when I did.

I've got 5 or 6 of those critters tucked away in storage. Most of them came from 1970's Dodge Motorhomes :D Looks almost identical to the vents like you said.

Some of em say "Chrysler" "Dodge" or "Plymouth" right on the front too.

-
Back