Rallye Rims

-

stokey04964

Reaction score
Dumb question but will the 15 inch Rallyes fit the 71 Demon. I see a bunch of people getting the wrong sizes and reposting they need to sale. Hope this makes sense. Thanks

Stock 15'' rallyes came in big bolt pattern only. (5 by 4 1/2'' bolt circle, 1/2'' wheel studs) If your Demon is stock, it will have small bolt pattern. (5 by 4'' bolt circle 7/16'' studs) You can get 14'' sbp rallyes modified in to 15''. Or some wheel companies like Stocton might have new ones to buy.
The sbp wheels also have a smaller register than bbp, that's the big hole in the center of the wheel that fits over the axle hub snugly, it's very important.
I hope this helps.

Hello,

How would you mod a rim from 14 to 15 ?

To answer you question ..the easy answer is yes. These rims were made in both sbp or lbp..you just have to find them. After searching for a long time for a reasonable cost used set of 15s, I actually found a new set at a auto store for $ 79.00 a rim..a bit more for usd at the moment.

You can go to the pain of switching your hubs from sbp to a lbp or buy a set of the aluminium converters that will change you from sbp to lbp.

Since you no longer buy a decent sized of 4 inch tires, 15s are the way to go and quite frankly, it is truly a 70s look.

Cheers
ian.

Specialty wheels offer SBP 15x7 rallyes. They will fit in there with 275x50x15 or 275x60x15 tires. You can drill out the drums and put 1/2 inch studs for strength.

Hello all, I am currently switching from rallye wheels to steel wheel and I also have sbp wheels. I found it hard to find a set of affordable steel 14 inch wheels that are the wider wheel. I am staying with sbp because I don't want to deal with large bolt changeover. I did however find that Sam's Club carried some 14 inch tires. I'm going back with 205/70 14 BF Goodrich. Not the best tire but ok and they were 65.00 each before taxes Just my 2 cents. Jerry

You can drill out the drums and put 1/2 inch studs for strength.

That sounds very hard for a DIYer ..perhaps a machinest could do that..anu idea of the cost ?

Grassy

I found it hard to find a set of affordable steel 14 inch wheels that are the wider wheel.

I just when down to the local machinist and making whider wheels are no probs..they just cut the wheel in half and seld in a new section..I was actually going to do it with my mint rallyes but unfortunately, all 14 inch.

What i don't understand is why a 15 in rin needs different mexican hats..the blts are in the same place.

Grassy

-
Back