Rallye wheel center cap on a standard steel wheel

-

drewmac

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the center cap for a rallye wheel can be installed on a cop car type Mopar steel wheel?

Dwire67- Are those 17's? Any problems getting them to fit? What size tires?

Sorry for the side note but yes I have some 15" Summit series 55's. They look just like the cop car/ ram slotted steel wheels so hopefully they will work.

Good Looking wheels Dwire67....seems you already know about those rims as well.

17x7 4.25" BS, 5x4.5" bolt pattern....bolt on rims, huh?

Do you have a B-Body rear, or are you using Spacer/Adpaters to get the rear wheels centered in the wheel tub?

And What size tires F/R? if you dont mind filling us in?

The rims are 17x9 Charger/300 steel wheels
Fronts are 225/50 17 Nitto NT450's
Rears are 275/50 17 Nitto NT 450's
A body rear axle with 1/2 inch spacer to clear springs

Hi,
How did you drill the mounting holes for the center caps? BTW, it looks very nice on your Duster! How is the ride?

I would love to see a pic of Rallye Center Caps on steelies!!! I might do that when I ditch my cragars.

It rides alot better than any stock A-Body ! I made a cardboard pattern of the center cap and drilled each wheel.

Attachments

• duster 012.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 579
  • duster 013.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 571
  • Camper 022.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 576
Actually you can use 72 and up ralley wheel centers on steel wheel , but you have to modify them to fit down in the center part of the wheel. This entails cutting part of the outter ring off the cap till it fits.

Frank

It rides alot better than any stock A-Body ! I made a cardboard pattern of the center cap and drilled each wheel.

Thanks Dwire67! I just picked up a set of rims, and waiting for the center caps. It looks like you chromed the inside part of the lips and left the outer one silver, or is that a beauty ring? Anyway thanks for sharing!:wav:

I forgot to ask, is the suspension modified, lowered, stiffer springs, shocks etc?
To answer 73AbodEE, my rims are off a 2006 Charger and they are 5X114.3 or 5X 4.5. They are NOT 5X115! I had the tire store use a bolt pattern tool.

A 72 cap on Super Coupe -Magnum wheel . They also work on a steel wheel , but as I said the must be trimmed....

Frank

Attachments

• big-bolt-72-cap.jpg.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 507
I had a friend put ralley center's on a cop wheel back in the 80's and he put them on his Coronet wagon, It looked really good.

heres my duster mid 70's Magnum wheels (like cop car but no tabs for dog dishes) sombrero caps and JY trim rings from cheby trucks.

Attachments

• 23jan13duster2.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 446
You can make them fit any wheel!
Attached Images
attachment.php

what size tires did you use ? rims look great I've got the cop wheels now do you have any rubbing issues? thanks

-
Back