Rallye Wheel Powdercoat Color

-

KosmicKuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Rallye's that I want to powdercoat as close to the original color as possible. I'm looking at colors offered by Eastwood. Their Rally wheel paint looks too dark and the Cast Aluminum looks about right to me.
Anyone have any direct experience with these?

There are paint codes in the service manuals for the paints on the cars and components. Usually I find them in the back somewhere in the body section...

Or if you are using our friendly Cudachick for powder coating, she can offer suggestions and does a terrific job.

http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/

I used Alien Silver by Prismatic. Super Durable Wet Clear by ColumbiaCoatings on top

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

I used Alien Silver by Prismatic. Super Durable Wet Clear by ColumbiaCoatings on top

Thanks, I'll have to look that up. I'm looking at a small Prismatic color chart right now on my desk but Alien isn't in it. It has 5 other silvers though.

I'm going to the Mopar show in Columbus tomorrow and now thinking of taking color charts with me to compare with rallye wheels. I can borrow Pantone and RAL charts from work. SHHH!

Me and cudachick go waaay back before she got into powder coating. I even spent the night at her house in TN one time just after she moved up from New Orleans. I don't want her to think I'm moving in on her territory but I'm doing this just for me.

One thing, they aren't supposed to be glossy. I mean, it's cool if you like that, but the Argent Silver is more of a semi-matt. Colorwise, that Alien Silver seems about right.

Are you driving the 68 to the show?

My local powder coater used Tiger Drylac Anodized Silver 38/91020. I'm very happy with the color match.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 374
this is probably a dumb question but why not just use the correct Mopar paint?

My rims were rusty and needed to be media blasted. I figured I might as well have the powder coater blast and color them for me. The price was right and I feel that the powder is more durable than a spray bomb.

-
Back