ramcharger

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
what do u guys think an 85 ramcharger w/ no rust is worth/ 318-4 wheel drive-everything works-doesn`t appear to have any rust in pics anyway.

My brother just bought an 85 rust free rolling 4x4 shell for $800! The same guy selling this one had another that he spent a ton of time and money on, he was asking $7500. That's all I got Bob!!

'74 - 81 years had the removable roof and tend to sell for more. However, there are plenty of examples of what your looking at if you go to the "sold" section of ebay (using the advance button). You might be surprised, and remember, usually the cost of shipping or picking up the vehicle is not seen. So if it sold for 3500.00, buyer could have paid an additional 800.00 for shipping.

I am curious if there is much difference in value for an 85 Ramcharger as opposed to an 85 ram pickup ....say in the same shape.

Is there more of a following for one or the other

I am curious if there is much difference in value for an 85 Ramcharger as opposed to an 85 ram pickup ....say in the same shape.

Funny you should mention that, Rani! I am trading my 85 Ramcharger plow truck to my brother for his 85 pickup plow truck! He likes the idea of the inside back area being covered for his tools, and I don't care as I only plow my neighborhood! Same vehicle, just a matter of preference I guess!!

Rani, IMO, the pick up is worth less due To there being a whole lotta of dem! (A collectors point of view.) But that's it.

Bob, the bottom line to a vehicles worth besides the condition and the rarity or not of the vehicle is the perspective buyers opinion and the amount of want of said ride. Also, how valuable they are in your area. 4X4's aren't really needed in Florida but very helpful up north.
Ya ether love or ya don't.

I myself would love one. It would be very helpful when there is a foot plus of the white stuff on the ground. The Challenger for surely does not like it.
(I do own a '03 quad cab Dakota 4X4. Awesome snow vehicle!)

If they are low end condition, I'd say the truck would be a better seller because of practical purpose. In high end condition, I'd say the ramcharger would have more collectability so I think it would bring higher dollar. Ramchargers are climbing in price recently. It is nothing to see a ramcharger bring 10 - 20 thousand if they are really nice, especially the 74 - 81's.

I would ask on ramchargercentral.com they would know for sure. I bought my 1988 4x4 for 2000.00 and it's clean with no rust.

I like the Trailduster from the round light era, anything with a round light for that matter! My preference is Ramcharger over a pickup!! Utility vehicles aside!!!

now I find this out that trail dusters are hot items... I had one. A 74 with a removable top with a 318.

I was not really a fan because it was a bulky vehicle didn't seem as stable as I would have liked to haul a trailer with the short wheel base. I think I would rather have the pickup and the reason I asked above about value of the truck is because I am looking at trading a household item for an 85 ram 2WD long box.

Last edited:
it needed some work but now I regret selling it for like 500. bucks, back in 2006

trail4.JPG

trail5.JPG

I found a few, and have always wanted one. But do I really need another gas hog ? even thinking about trading my 4 wheeler for one , have a guy interested.??????

Just took ours on a nice, long cruise yesterday. Of course, this picture is when it was still in Colo. being delivered.

ramcharger.png

Super reliable..... And this is one Mopar that headers are eazy peazy.... I ran the wheels off a W150 and gave it to my dad where he just let it sit and that thing went quickly down hill..... The automatics are bullet proof.

Oddly enough I found the Center Caps I took of my 87 a few weeks back when I replaced them with that was then still available parts over the counter.... I see them in the junk yards when I go so the parts are still to be had used...

JW

-
Back