Ramchargers

-

Moose

Reaction score
Who owns ramchargers? The SUV's I mean. I was thinking of buying one. Anything I should know or what? Maybe post some pics of your :-D. Just would like to know more about them :read2:.
Thanks

I've always wanted to own one, you can certainly find them cheap enough! I missed out on an '85 318 auto 4X4 with a bit of rust for 800...

i,ve got two. A 79 with a 3 inch body lift and 33 inch mud tires and a stout 360 and an 82 4x pretty stock. Not much different from mopar cars. lots of stuff interchange.

Im looking at a 86 with a 318 4x4 and little bit of rust but its nice only $1200

Sounds like a pretty good deal, would be a fun knock around truck. I have plans of getting one someday to keep up north for a woods truck. Slap a set of 31inch BFG's on it and you will have a difficult time getting stuck!

What do you need to know, they are the same power train as a pickup.
Full time 4wd until about 80 with small bolt wheels, (large to A body) after 80 had chevy style hubs with large bolt pattern, easy to put manual hubs on.
Look for rust in the rear section.
Most were 318 or 360, 99% were auto, I did find one with a four speed and I converted mine over.
Body parts fit off a truck, front fenders, doors etc,
86 would have 100 lbs of vacuum hose on it, but it is still the same basic motor in your A body.
My last one ended up with 6" lift, 3" body lift and 44" mudders.
And if you can find one a old toyota land cruiser roll cage, it will bolt in with no modifications except the holes needed to mount it.

Just was look to know of any problems that they had. Im baiscly looking at one so I dont have to put so many miles on my truck but still have a neat and fun truck/car.

Got an 82..4x4... 318 auto.... its the wifes ride...Had a couple over the years. Dont know of much that goes bad on um myself. Good dependable rigs.

I just picked my third one up :cheers: I have been looking for this one for about a year $750 with a bad 318, all I need to do is put my 360 in it, a very solid truck I will call a "Ram Wagon" on my custom built hood I built 10 years ago and have had it on three truck, never a Ramcharger, Yes I am pumped about it =P~=P~=P~1985 2 wheel drive 0 rust, I am a happy camper :-D

Attachments

• kennies camera $##$ 015.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 221
  • kennies camera $##$ 016.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 210
  • kennies camera $##$ 017.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 219
  • kennies camera $##$ 019.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 216
  • kennies camera $##$ 021.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 220
  • kennies camera $##$ 023.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 215
  • kennies camera $##$ 028.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 241
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%20005.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Ramcharger is Here !!!.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 212
  • Memike2010 fun 056.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 204
MeMike: Im lovin' that hood. AND the little camper vent on in the back. The one Im looking has one too :toothy10:

O yea Moose :-D, I can't wait to get this on the road, He is in great shape 8) I can't wait to see how the hood looks on a ramcharger, this one is a slut wagon for sure , tilt a/c and glad it don't have electric windows.... The 318 lost 2 cylinders and my cousin parked it, I have it now, I need to get the 360 in it so I can start my next move on some up dates on Victoria :happy10: They make for a great driver, camping and something to pull my small fishing boat with, This is my third one to own and was very lucky to snag this sweet ol driver up.:-D

I had an 87 and the only problem with it was that the moron who had it before me put in the wrong torque converter which caused plenty of problems...

The rig itself was great... 318 auto with manual hubs...I'd drive it up in the mountains of Idaho during the winter in 2WD until it would start spinning ( usually about a foot of snow ) and then drop it in 4 low and it would go like it was on dry pavement. I really want to get another one...

Yeah,
my Pops has one too!! He loves that damn thing! 318 2bbl "Gas Hog"!! Probably has a million miles on it!! LoL!!

Look at the rear liftgate and check around the hinges. They usually crack there due to gate is Fiberglass... Thats really all I have ever seen wrong with them.

Wanna know more go here,

www.ramchargercentral.com

I love them. I have two of them. I bought them for parts for my 88 truck but instead of putting the snow plow on my truck it goes on the Ram Charger.. The other needs a title, now am thinking of trying to come up with a title because of the fun driving the other one. (better body) The turning radius is unbelievable for such a big rig! I don't know how to post pictures because it always asks me for a url site or a http. I am computer illiterate.

I just picked my third one up :cheers: I have been looking for this one for about a year $750 with a bad 318, all I need to do is put my 360 in it, a very solid truck I will call a "Ram Wagon" on my custom built hood I built 10 years ago and have had it on three truck, never a Ramcharger, Yes I am pumped about it =P~=P~=P~1985 2 wheel drive 0 rust, I am a happy camper :-D

:love7::love7::love7:

Here's a late 70's one at Joe's house, factory 440. Still runs and drives, just waiting for $500 to take it away.

DSC03246.jpg

Seen acouple crack the frame by the steering box. I have owned a 82 and a 84 .

Here is a question I have wondered. I know that the 360 is externally balanced and all of that, but if you switch a 360 for the 318 do you have to change out the computer on the late 80's dodge?

MeMike: She'll be looking great and just as good :)

Cuudak: Thanks for the link, itll help alot

70DartMike: Wow only bucks?!?! If only I was closer I would jump all over that, it looks pretty solid!

Rick4106: Really? How bad a crack?

Moose,

I finally found some time to respond. I'm a sucker for the early ones as they are brutish. 33x12.5's will fit no problem with good factory springs. A slight change in the factory steering stops is all that's needed.

They are very easy to work on, you don't need to jack them up and you can damn near sit in the engine compartment to do a tune up. :) Headers are easy to find. The early models had the NP203 transfer case with no 2wd option. This case is a monster and made of cast iron and weighs nearly 200 lbs. Parts are readily availible for it. I have not yet found a Colorado snow storm that could stop my beast.

P1011063webdriversidefront2-1.jpg

P1010639-1.jpg

sideview.jpg

P1010136.jpg

P7290776.jpg

Moose,

I finally found some time to respond. I'm a sucker for the early ones as they are brutish. 33x12.5's will fit no problem with good factory springs. A slight change in the factory steering stops is all that's needed.

They are very easy to work on, you don't need to jack them up and you can damn near sit in the engine compartment to do a tune up. :) Headers are easy to find. The early models had the NP203 transfer case with no 2wd option. This case is a monster and made of cast iron and weighs nearly 200 lbs. Parts are readily availible for it. I have not yet found a Colorado snow storm that could stop my beast.

I really like you ramcharger its looking good. I really like the dash

Thanks Moose, I still have work to do but it's getting there. The grill is from a 72 pickup. I just think that the 72 grill is much better looking is all.

Thanks Moose, I still have work to do but it's getting there. The grill is from a 72 pickup. I just think that the 72 grill is much better looking is all.
I agree on the grill to :happy10: They are smooth and seems like they started doing to much with the newer one's
I like the video of you outside enjoying a smoke while Quadzilla is running :cheers:
Yall have a great Thanks giving :happy10:

-
Back