Ran 9.96@139 today then broke maybe flexplate ???

-

604B1duster

Reaction score
IMG_0447.JPG
Went to test n tune today at Lebanon Valley to get used to new car. Made a few low 10 sec passes then a 9.96. On the next pass on 1-2 shift something let go. Zero, zipp, nothing. On the return road it started but I thought I heard some noise in front of trans. Got towed back to pits and the starter wouldn't engage the ring gear, or the converter was turning without the motor turning, any thoughts ????

The portion that has the 2 slots and drives the pump gear. I broke a chunk off my 904 TQ. Broke one tab off the pump gear and chewed up the babbit bushing. The 727 diameter is bigger and stronger.

The portion that has the 2 slots and drives the pump gear. I broke a chunk off my 904 TQ. Broke one tab off the pump gear and chewed up the babbit bushing. The 727 diameter is bigger and stronger.

Ok, thanks. Gonna try and get under it tmrw and take a look at the flexplate and converter. Hopefully the trans is not toast.

First of all 9.96@139! YEE-HAAAA!!!
sounds like an easy fix that will be hard on your wallet :BangHead:

Running a 9.96 the only thing you broke is the sound barrier! :rofl:

View attachment 1715094175 Went to test n tune today at Lebanon Valley to get used to new car. Made a few low 10 sec passes then a 9.96. On the next pass on 1-2 shift something let go. Zero, zipp, nothing. On the return road it started but I thought I heard some noise in front of trans. Got towed back to pits and the starter wouldn't engage the ring gear, or the converter was turning without the motor turning, any thoughts ????
How did you do your burnout? Sprag?

How did you do your burnout? Sprag?

Cas has a 7al 3 and air shifter. It has a 5900 chip for burnout. I start burnout in first and shift to second. Being that the starter won't turn the motor, it just spins free,
I'm thinking it's a problem up front. Hoping to get under it later today and remove inspection cover

View attachment 1715094175 Went to test n tune today at Lebanon Valley to get used to new car. Made a few low 10 sec passes then a 9.96. On the next pass on 1-2 shift something let go. Zero, zipp, nothing. On the return road it started but I thought I heard some noise in front of trans. Got towed back to pits and the starter wouldn't engage the ring gear, or the converter was turning without the motor turning, any thoughts ????
Sweet ride. Where are you from

I guess I was right. Now I gotta yank the trans out. Took a video of me spinning the flexplate and convertor but cant upload it.
Looks like the center broke out of it.
Hoping I get lucky and all else is ok.

well you got bigger balls than I do going 9's at 140 in a new car you never looked under lol . I hope it is an easy fix and doesn't cost a small fortune .

well you got bigger balls than I do going 9's at 140 in a new car you never looked under lol . I hope it is an easy fix and doesn't cost a small fortune .
Lol, thanks, but the 72 year old dude I got it from has even bigger ones. He bought it to get the trailer it came with,
"for his altered"

very nice looking ride.... full tube? square tube? what's it weigh?

604B1Duster..... PLEASE.....FOR YOUR SAFETY... take the time to look under and inspect a drag car you know nothing about before taking it to the strip and running 9's. Something broke, cracked or a weld that let loose in the strut/4 link or other critical component and you could be seriously hurt ..... or dead.

604B1Duster..... PLEASE.....FOR YOUR SAFETY... take the time to look under and inspect a drag car you know nothing about before taking it to the strip and running 9's. Something broke, cracked or a weld that let loose in the strut/4 link or other critical component and you could be seriously hurt ..... or dead.

Sooo your saying I should look the car over really well before I put a 150 shot on it ?

The car has a passenger seat, if you want to LIVE a little, your more than welcome to come for a ride
LOL (thanks).... or I could LIVE a little in my brothers car, it runs 8.90's. Keep us posted, have fun :)

LOL (thanks).... or I could LIVE a little in my brothers car, it runs 8.90's. Keep us posted, have fun :)

Hahaha, I went 8.90s in my duster 10 yrs ago, just getting back into it. Thanks for your concern

-
Back