Random pictures thread

-
If you have any of these. It's time to cash in.

wooden-nickel-95919.jpg

Found this cleaning out my cabin,must have bought it 40 years ago when I had a duster.the mice like it too.
33FFFBC6-A411-4475-BC3F-1EDBD4CD7CED.jpeg
65B6D975-FC64-4DE3-8331-EA5E3C108947.jpeg

ouch, looks to have been a little hi on comp. for a street car . take both heads out , or just the one ??

Yeah, in the mid-seventies, it wiped out a cam lobe. Dad took it to a dealer in Hawkinsville, Georgia to "fix" it. They rebuilt the Hemi with 12.5 to one pistons because they couldn't find stock replacements. Replaced cam with OEM 68-69 cam (67 motor). A few years later, the motor dropped a valve. Dad shut it off right away, took it to some backwoods country garage, who replaced the one valve and buttoned it back up. Another couple years later, dropped another valve while Dad was street racing somebody. This time he drove it five miles to get home. Amazingly, it made it. Then he gave the car to me. I waited a year to come pick it up, another year to save money for the rebuild. One head was OK, other had a hole in it. Picked up a pair of bare heads at the Mopar Nats and rebuilt the motor. Farmed out the machine work, of course, but assembled it myself. Cylinders were honed to .040 over (were .030 before), new 10.25 pistons from Dick Landy, all new exhaust valves, some intakes, new valve springs, bunch of new rockers, cam checked out OK and was re-used, rods and crank were also OK. That was 1985. Motor is still together, has only been driven 20,000 miles since rebuild. Ran low 13's with 3.23 gears and street tires the one time I took it to the strip back in the late eighties.

I saved the one piston for a souvenir.

Just discussing salibury "steak" a couple days ago.

Bleck

-
Back