Random pictures thread

-
Yeah, in the mid-seventies, it wiped out a cam lobe. Dad took it to a dealer in Hawkinsville, Georgia to "fix" it. They rebuilt the Hemi with 12.5 to one pistons because they couldn't find stock replacements. Replaced cam with OEM 68-69 cam (67 motor). A few years later, the motor dropped a valve. Dad shut it off right away, took it to some backwoods country garage, who replaced the one valve and buttoned it back up. Another couple years later, dropped another valve while Dad was street racing somebody. This time he drove it five miles to get home. Amazingly, it made it. Then he gave the car to me. I waited a year to come pick it up, another year to save money for the rebuild. One head was OK, other had a hole in it. Picked up a pair of bare heads at the Mopar Nats and rebuilt the motor. Farmed out the machine work, of course, but assembled it myself. Cylinders were honed to .040 over (were .030 before), new 10.25 pistons from Dick Landy, all new exhaust valves, some intakes, new valve springs, bunch of new rockers, cam checked out OK and was re-used, rods and crank were also OK. That was 1985. Motor is still together, has only been driven 20,000 miles since rebuild. Ran low 13's with 3.23 gears and street tires the one time I took it to the strip back in the late eighties.

I saved the one piston for a souvenir.

I dropped a valve way back when , it blew thru the rat roaster intake to the other side and out the exhaust / valve job/bore / pistons and rings , back at it .
Wish I still had it !

Spotted this in the park today
I didn't take it because it wasn't a Mopar
And I don't have fakebook, so I couldn't comment on it, and no idea what the story behind it is...Maybe someone can look it up?

20210602_141541.jpg

Spotted this in the park today
I didn't take it because it wasn't a Mopar
And I don't have fakebook, so I couldn't comment on it, and no idea what the story behind it is...Maybe someone can look it up?

View attachment 1715746129

That's pretty cool. Wasn't sure what I would find, but it looks legit. Here are some screen shots.
Screenshot_20210602-183959_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210602-184010_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210602-184043_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210602-184043_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210602-184118_Facebook.jpg

That's pretty cool. Wasn't sure what I would find, but it looks legit. Here are some screen shots.
View attachment 1715746180
View attachment 1715746181
View attachment 1715746182
View attachment 1715746182

View attachment 1715746183
Thanks for looking that up for me
A few things didn't make sense to me, so I googled his name (now that you found that for me)
Looks like he died 9 years ago, this Friday

Poor kid only made it to 6 years old

Heartbreaking but nice to see someone is still thinking of him

Pretty cool legacy.

Whatever helps to fill the void.

I like the Rebels and Marlins especially the late Ambassador platform Marlin.

I could have easily been an AMC guy.

Here's one for you guys
Little lawn cart I build...15 years ago

I guess 700 lbs of shingles was its limit
Not bad, considering I had a grand total of $10.00 in it

20210603_115312.jpg

Looks like you need to upgrade to an 8 3/4.

Can't afford one, I'll have to cut down a ferd 8.8

Heck a pipe wrench would probly suffice as a bender :rolleyes:

If by "pipe wrench" you mean pop the wheel off and slide a 5 foot cheater pipe over the axle, we had the same idea

She's up and running again, but I may consider welding some gussets in , just to keep it from happening again

-
Back