Random pictures thread

-
IMG_20220514_104124892_HDR.jpg

Rincon, Georgia

Yeah it is beautiful and a monster. I was shocked when he bought it. That is not his garage. He owns a shop where I bring my car now that I'm old and shot. :) Never knew he was doing that wellll.
A definite bucket list car for me, but I don't have any expectations of ever owning one, hell I will be lucky if I get a ride in one.

Car pulls like crazy. I was surprised how well it rode with all that weight in front.
My asshole brother had a 71 Mach 1 with a 429 SCJ 4 speed and 4.11 gears when I was about 12 or 13. That car pulled hard. My other brother has a 70 SS454 Chevelle that is a badass ride as well, I have driven that one a couple times, would love to own it too, but he will never sell it.

We went to San Bernardino Racing, one of the very first Super Shops, one Saturday for parts. At a stop light we pull up next to a Boss 429 with a For Sale sign "How much do ya want for it?" I shout from the window of the hot rod A100. "1500 bucks and it's yours." was the lad's reply. I got the phone number and back to the desert we went. I had just started working at 16 I think I was and didn't have a lot of cash rat holed yet, asked my Dad for a little loan "Are you f@#$in' crazy? You have any idea what those things will do?" he shouted. This from the guy that had trophies from El Mirage Dry Lake with speeds over 130.mph in a flat head roadster. :rofl:
1680967647748.jpeg

Chances are the guy selling it was a wingnut from Norton AFB about to be deployed or transferred far away and couldn't take it with him.

Last edited:
Josh turns 15 today. For his birthday dinner, he chose Texas Roadhouse se we went for lunch and yes I told the waitress that it is his birthday.
23496 (1).jpeg

This car was a blast to street race,it was the first Farm Truck style race car...11.01@119mph

charger.jpg

charger2.jpg

1977.jpg

-
Back