Random pictures thread

-
Just planted a pair of them a week ago!
My Dad really liked them things, planted them at every place we ever lived and had no luck with them. Whether we were in the desert or the beach. When we went to work at Vandenberg AFB on the central Ca coast, we had to drive past 15 miles of the dang things that grew wild next to the AMTRAK tracks above the beach :rofl: to get to work. Made him nutz it did :lol:

We're still trying to figure out why wildflowers grow along the roads for miles with nobody caring for them or watering them yet we can't seem to grow any of the darn things. Got $50 in all types of seeds but nothing wants to grow! Guess we need to stop cultivating and watering and just ignore them....

Right plant for the right place...my wife is all about plants, and she'll move a plant if it doesn't look happy after a year or so. I'm not that patient. Here's our front yard this morning, view from the front porch

PXL_20240324_111724696.jpg

Marine Staff Sgt. Percy J. Price leads his platoon on an operation in Da Nang, Vietnam, in 1967. In 1960, Price defeated famed boxer Muhammad Ali, then-Cassius Clay, in the 1960 Olympic trials. A career Marine, Price remained in the Marine Corps instead of pursuing a professional boxing career. He went on to complete two tours in Vietnam. Photo: USMC
1711547305942.png

-
Back