Random swap questions

-

SlantedDart

Reaction score
First question- pcv system.. I’ll be using a prefix intake. There are two ports on it for oil fill. One is threaded other is a plate cap. Can I just run a catch can with a single line to it and filtered can? Or do I have to pull vacuum back through the intake?

second question- there are three ports on the water pump one on the back one on side and one on the front. The back and side where to heater core I’m assuming and the front has a threaded nipple. Can I cap the ones that went to the original heater core? I’ve heard you have to loop them. The one in the front I was going to use for factory temp gauge for the dash.

lastly- power steering a/c delete. I have the idler on the driver head and the idler by the water pump. I need to buy the factory tensioner( missing). Only thing I’ll be running is the alternator in the factory spot water pump and dampener . I know it will be a pain in the *** but I’m thinking I’ll have to make a few trips to the auto parts store to get the right length belt to make work?? Any thoughts or if someone has part number for belt that would be awesome haha.

Can't anwser the pvc question but I might be able to help with the last question, but it depends on the cam cover you're using and the alternator. The car cover has 2 options for the alt. A side mount (it bolts from the passenger side to the cover) or dual pin/bolt style (2 pin style bolts from the front of cover)
I'm running just the alt, and water pump off the crank on a jeep/car cover on an 06 5.7 with the pin/bolt style Alt. I'm using a cut down water pump delete pulley and belt K060764 / 6PK 1943

20211125_125445.jpg

Also for your 2nd question I wanted to keep the front of the motor as clean as I can of wires so I tapped the back of the water block and added my needed sensors for water temp. My setup is efi so I have the stock factory sensor in the stock location (sensor to the left in pic) and I add the Dakota Digital Sensor (sensor to the middle right of pic) for my gauge cluster. I'm also utilizing my heater core and running the stock water line so can't help with that question either sorry...
20211025_192509.jpg

Last edited:
I used both ports in the non vvt cover for the temp guage and coolant sensor. Idler bracket was made and the pulley is part of the truck A/C delete bracket and pulley. I'm also using an under driven crank pulley. Catch can and oil cap made by me as well.
Maybe this helps?

20230321_093709.jpg

-
Back