Rani Day Auto Repair

-
You can either talk about doing something or you can get off your kester and start making it happen. Good job on making it happen. A lot of good wisdom has been shared on this thread. You will want a garage keepers insurance policy so you will be covered when driving anybody's vehicle as well as any damage that might happen in your shop.

wow!!!! sounds like half the cost of being in business is insurance!!!??????
on the upnote: I've never seen a good and honest mechanic go hungry. and non work sat.!!????

Great name... and two thumbs up.. my dad always said..find out what you love doing and then figure out how to get paid for it...looks like you have hit the bulls eye..

....Rani Day Repairs.....Now all ya need is a '60's A108 to put it on and your all ready to go! THEN, the welding begins! You have to have shelving and such inside the van for tools and such, BE SURE to put a vice on the bumper too! AND a receiver for a hitch of some sort, you'll need a car dolley!

Sounds like you got all the right thoughts in the right place tho..... I was doing THAT all when I was in my late teens for a local garage! Done more salvage yard "saves" then anything! BUT had fun doing it!

Way to go Rani,You will do greatand I love the name........................................................Jeff:blob:

Her family is proud of her more than she knows.

Thanks cousin :sunny:

Way to go Rani,You will do greatand I love the name........................................................Jeff:blob:

you guys don't know how special it is to me that you like the name .....I thought about it long time ago but I wasn't having the confidence in my idea to tell anyone in fear that people would laugh and say its no good. :toothy1:

I admire you for all your knowledge and the way you handle yourself on here.You show respect to others and they will back. It will be no time before you have a reputation built up and have more business than you can handle. Word of mouth is the best advertising you can get. Do like I do and tell you customers if they like your work to tell everyone but if they don't then don't tell anybody. Good luck, Joe

good luck Rani I know you will do very good for yourself and your family .

It's supposed to be spelled "Rainy Day"....

And that gives me an idea.... Gigity, gigity....

Good luck, you should do fine.

Rani, you have your convictions, which are good. You conduct yourself very well here; you treat everyone with courtesy and respect. Traits to admire, more should try it! In my opinion, those things in you will allow you to go far. You will get return customers, that to me is a sign of someone doing a good job. Oh, and love the name, that is catchy and easy to remember. Now, GO GET 'EM!!!

Your 1st customer will be Brenda.... It needs help getting a slant six 'doba started... LOL. Just kidding, Best Of Wishes From 318willrun!

Your 1st customer will be Brenda.... It needs help getting a slant six 'doba started... LOL. Just kidding, Best Of Wishes From 318willrun!

LOL !!

looks like that coronet wagon isn't going any where, that would be perfect for making "house calls" long live the B Bodies lol

Congratulations, I hope your new business thrives.

If I lived closer I'd call under a fake name to have you change my headlight fluid or rotate my muffler bearings. :D

Wow, I skipped this thread a few times today.....Didn't quite know where it was going, But I'm glad I finally clicked on it.

I think it's wonderful. There's no doubt in my mind that you have the smarts & intuition to pull this off. Running a business alone requires a lot of work.....I know, I've been there. Sadly the administrative side takes up a lot of time vs. the actual work that we enjoy, and the reason we did it in the first place. Once you get established, hopefully you can add in some help that let's you do what you do best and what you enjoy.....

Congratulations! If you need anything, you know you can ask...:)

Oh, and if you decide to go into "mobile" work, make sure you know the laws in your jurisdiction.

When I was in South Florida in the early 90's, I went to work for a guy that did mobile paint work for used car lots. Well, on my first day, we went to a Chebby dealer and did some work on a Camaro...Next thing I know, the local cops and city code enforcement descended on us like a raid. Turned out there was some law about doing any type of bodywork outside a building...:banghead:. Seems the body shop turned us in for taking jobs away from them. They actually put my "boss" in handcuffs and were ready to do me before I convinced them that it was my first day on the job. They ended up just telling me to go home, but I subsequently found out that it was actually illegal for a commercial establishment to even wash a car that was not under some type of cover/roof.....

Sorry to be long winded, but some local jurisdictions can have some crazy laws...

Good for you Rani. I am certainly impressed with your plans. The best business advise I can give you, is that you work your business every day you are open, and I mean even 6yrs down the road when you have employees and are raking the money in. I have seen many businesses fail because the owner became complacent after financial success. From what I know of you, however, I don't think this will be a problem. I wish you best of luck on your endeavors. I love to see young persons take their destiny into their own hands.

-
Back