Rant On

-

sweatybetty

Reaction score
i have noticed lately that there are a lot of ads in the for sale and wanted threads for "posi" rear end parts. a "posi" is a gm p.o.s. part ok? Mopar is called a sure grip. if you are selling or looking for a "posi" please look at a blowtie girl forum. RANT OFF!!!!!!!

hey, i also noticed that i only need 1 more post to be an official post *****. heres # 999. #1000 gonna be a surprise!

Amen brother !!!!!!!

faucet pics 177.jpg

i have noticed lately that there are a lot of ads in the for sale and wanted threads for "posi" rear end parts. a "posi" is a gm p.o.s. part ok? Mopar is called a sure grip. if you are selling or looking for a "posi" please look at a blowtie girl forum. RANT OFF!!!!!!!

Can't argue, it's all TRUE!

BTW- My ads do say Sure Grip! :-D :toothy10:

i love correcting people about that. i call the unit a "limited slip" to cover all 3.(suregrip=mopar, positraction=gm, tractionloc=ford)

They all refer to the same basic design though, right? Unless it pertains to the different types of limited-slip out there (TrueTrac, clutch-type, cone-type, etc.)

Let me get in on this. I love a good rant!:naka::naka::naka::naka:
Well at least the people on this site know what a sure-grip is. Every one I talk to has no idea. Thay say you mean a posi!!!

I believe that parts should be called by there correct name, but sometimes,lazy typeing or generic names can be fine for use.

I do like call the sure grip a sure grip though.

OK smart guys, who knows what it's called if it's in a Dana? Hint: it ain't a Sure-grip.

I thought it was funny when a GM guy tells me I had a 10 bolt posi! ](*,):poke:8-[

I WANT IN! I got into a big debate with two brand X guys at work about this one. They tried telling me that Limited Slip and Posi were completely different and that Posi is when both tires are locked by welding, spool, locker... etc. and that it didnt matter the brand... Of course one of the guys also told me that a turbo "sucks the exhaust out"

I WANT IN! I got into a big debate with two brand X guys at work about this one. They tried telling me that Limited Slip and Posi were completely different and that Posi is when both tires are locked by welding, spool, locker... etc. and that it didnt matter the brand... Of course one of the guys also told me that a turbo "sucks the exhaust out"

What can I say other than you're surrounded by Nin Cow Poops

Terry

Good rant thread ,how bout when people say hot water heater!!!!!!!!!!! IF THE WATER WAS HOT IT WOULDN'T NEED HEATING #-o#-o

I guess without the "Hardcore " Mopar fans around this site would not exist but you guys need a little more to do !! LOL!!!
But is it Suregrip or Sure Grip ????

Bow Ties are for Circus Clowns !!

I had those decals on the back windows of both my Dart and Dakota R/T.

-
Back