rants&venting ! is there rules for selling items here?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont want anyone to side i want people to know to whatch out buying from this user. if i lived close i would go tell his parents maybe they may car there son is ripping people off on a national lvl im not gonna say more then im not the only one that got ripped from this user.

i hate to think some ppl on this site actually would do this.

i havnt had to question a seller after i got the item ever on here .

hope i dont have to start.

With over 12,000 members we are bound to get some who would do this. I live in a town with less people than that and I can guarantee you that there are plenty of people in it that are ready to try and make a quick buck by screwing someone over.

With over 12,000 members we are bound to get some who would do this. I live in a town with less people than that and I can guarantee you that there are plenty of people in it that are ready to try and make a quick buck by screwing someone over.

That's a BIG 10-4!!!

The only "rule" I can think of is universal everywhere: Caveat Emptor .... Let The Buyer Beware. :-D

yea its just bs that ppl get ripped off even when u think u found the greatest place on the web! FABO 4 eva! i aint giving up on this site just being more careful who i deal with.

... I wont stick up for either side. However, sounds to me like you bought something sight unseen perhaps. That would be your bad. You should always know EXACTLY what you are getting before purchasing. I dont know if you saw pics or not. If he just said "complete" linkage... then maybe thats what he felt is a complete linkage. Now... to get to the situation at hand. I dont see how this is that big of deal to fix. you can use that peice from just about any mid 70's v8 dodge truck with minor modifications. That or any good shop can make something that will work just fine. Its not really rocket science. So there are options avail if you cant get your hands on the real peice you need. Just letting ya know. Hope you get it all figured.

-RPM
Well said, RPM. This is a good lesson for young people to learn, things like this happen when buying parts. In this case neither party knew much about the parts, whether they were 'complete' or not. Usually there is a solution, which is the goal. The best practice for the buyer is to take every possible step (knowledge, drawings, photos, questions) to avoid being disappointed. It's a 2 way street, both parties bear responsibility. This is a small ticket item, just blow it off, fix your car and move on.

If you don't find what you need. I believe I have one on my spare 318/904 setup. I will have a look tonight when I get home and take a pic or 2 just so you know for sure. It's yours, just cover the shipping from Canada.

Jack

thanks a ton jack!

dont worry goldfish i learned my lesson.

do evreything right send payment soon,make sure a peice of paper is in envolope with what ur paying for writen on it, and one out of 90 times u may get screwed.

= )

I might have one too, if you need that front rod/adjuster.

2bbl and 4 bbl are different in most every case.

I'm not taking either side, just making a statement.

If you raise that big of a stink over $35 and start puting posts like this, it could cause the for sale section to be a thing of the past. I've already seen it happen on another site I'm a member of. The owner of the site did away with their for sale section just because of things like this and didn't want to deal with the headaches any longer.

I'm not saying the seller should get off scott free, but try to handle it between yourselves. If you can't, then suck it up and move on. And before you ask, yes, I have lost a lot more than that on on-line part purchases. Try $450 that took almost a year to recollect on and $225 that I never got back. However, the way to prevent that is to quit buying from private individuals and only buy from reputable companies, but be prepared to pay a lot more for items, or continue buying from individuals knowing that this could happen on any purchase.

I would recommend in the future to ask for pictures prior to purchasing an item so you can make sure that everything is there, use paypal or US Postal Money Orders, and even then it doesn't always work out. Good luck.

Here's my 2 cents whether anyone wants to read it or not...

71dodge...:angry7:

Kid you better start growing up fast. I have stuck up for you for a a while here and there, but when you sell something you better know what you are selling. A mans word is the only thing shows who you really are. You are a far cry from being a man, and alot of people can see how you might turn out.

63Valian*kiss...:angry7:

Why the heck would you try and purchase something from a known flake? Especially sight unseen. I highly doubt you saw pics. And if you did, you obviously did not know what you were purchasing or what to look for. The proof is in the first post when you said "that the Shop pointed out to you that it was missing something." If you are purchasing something. do your research, and know what you are buying, and always ask for pics of the item(s) so you know what you are getting. That way when you get it, you can point out that something was not mailed to you that was in the Pic. ( Especially if you buying a multi part thing like kick down linkage) If you buy something sight unseen, without doing your research, the only person you can blame is yourself.

Waggin...:angry7:

I get the impression that you are not happy with the purchase of the Dart with " everything to make it run" If you are not happy...Who forced you to buy it? all you had to do is walk away. And as a staff member I don't think you should make a public comment like that on a member. Everyones description of a car they are trying to sell is different. Thats half the fun of looking and buying. When you find a guy selling a car for way less than what its worth, do you tell him, and give him a fair market value? I think not. You pick up the deal with a big smile on your face, but then when you get home and find out the car needs a little more than you thought... Who's fault is that?
If someone says a car has some rust, and when you go to look at it, it turns out to be rusted right out, Do you have to buy it? no. just walk away.

All three should stop and think this through.

I don't think this site should feal obligated to help people out with bad purchases. If you let your guard down, anything can happen, and just because you buy something through this great site, doesn't mean this site is accountable.

Phil

RPM said it best.

yea we can all get along but....

if u steal a ladys purse and u get to find only 35 dollars in it does that make it still ok to steal it.?

at the time i didnt know he was just a kid or else words would have meant nothing. and would have asked someone else... yea yea myfault for picking the wrong seller im done if anyone wants a refrence for 71dodge its dont buy anything from him buyer beware....

not saying all kids are bad either theres a few on here that are very knolegable. sry my spelling sucks

if u steal a ladys purse and u get to find only 35 dollars in it does that make it still ok to steal it.?

I don't see how that relates to this at all.

The fact of the matter is, All parties envolved are a bit guilty of something. By no means do I like to hear that someone gets screwed, But this is a good learning lesson for you...and anyone who reads this.

Phil

PS, as far as I am concerned $35 seams quite reasonable for what you did get...Up here a complete linkage was quoted at $155. But thats our stupid over priced canadian way. there is nothing Pre 95 in our junk yards up here.

ok ok look here. i got the linkage off of another member on here whos name wont be said and he told me it was complete. and it was 30 dollars shipped. i was not aware there was any missing pieces to this linkage or i would have told the buyer that im not here to rip people off. i was told it was a complete kickdown linkage and thats what i said it was when i sold it NOT knowing there was a piece missing. and i sold it like 3 or 4 months ago and he just now wants a refund i mean come on a deal is a deal am i right? im not being a asshole or trying to f*ck you out of money i was not aware there was a missing piece geez. and i know what all you others are thinking well it should have went with the car yea it should of but i sold it way before i had thoughts on selling the car and i had just got the 383 so i figured no use for a 38 kickdwon so i sold it then a few months later after the linkage was gone i then decieded to sell the car. look im real sorry there is a piece missing not my fault i was told it was complete

3-4 months ago are u sh*ting me i received it on the first of this month go check ur inbox.

dumb@$$
i shipped it out the begging of december like the 10th or 11th or somthing like that ok you know what maybe it wasnt 3 or 4 months but it was quite awhile ago look i told you im sorry dude i didnt know there was supposed to be 4 pieces geez

im sorry that you think i screwed you i really did not know and like the other members said even if there is a piece missing you still got a deal

63VAL. As I said I am not taking sides. It sounds exactly like I already said. The dude thought he had complete linkage. You did not verify that it was complete. So name calling isnt called for in the least bit. Maybe you feel you got screwed. I say you didnt. You got a fair price for the linkage you recieved...So you didnt get screwed. You apparently didnt even know it until the shop or whoever told ya. 71Dodge....make sure you know what you are selling... and disclose all information in order for there not to be a problem. KNOWLEDGE is everything when selling something. If you are not sure its complete then post a pic... and state " I have these items for sale as you see them in the pic. I dont know if its complete... ) or something like that. Lets not dirty the sight up over a squabble over $30 bucks. 63VAL... though you think you got ripped off you didnt....you just didnt get exactly what you THOUGHT was right. How about now worry about getting the item at hand fixed and taken care with the help from all the people that have offered advice or parts. Internet name calling is lame and uncalled for in my opinon.

-RPM

RPM, We should go out for a beer sometime. Seams we think alot alike, I have noticed it on other threads too.

Too bad we are about 7 hours apart

Phil

imho WASNT worth 30-35 bucks evern if complete

I probably wouldnt have charged that much for it.... but try to buy one new and see what the price is. Makes it fairly reasonable. Seen them on E-bag go for more then that too. Can they be found cheaper ? Yes. Did he get screwed? No. Its all relative. :)

-RPM

it was 30 dollars shipped so it was really on 20 dollars for the linkage the other 10 was shipping i told him i was sorry i mean geez

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back