rants&venting ! is there rules for selling items here?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are lucky though. I was a member of a forum where scamming and stealing had gotten pretty bad, and the only way they were able to circumvent it was to institute a system of brokering the transaction. Only a few trusted people were brokers and you had to pay shipping twice basically. It helped substantially, but those who chose not to utilize it and got screwed couldn't be mad at anyone but themselves.

are you going to the vet? to get that small dead animal pulled out of your a$$ lol

For all you youngsters, here's some advice. This kind of part is something some of us old timers have laying around in boxes, taking up space. In your endeavors to put something together, you need to be patient and ask in the wanted section for the part you need. In many cases there will be a member step up to the plate and give you one for the price of shipping. This crap dont have to work yesterday. When you need something it's best to post a pic and then set back and have a cold one. Quit throwing your money away. It's too hard to come by.
Small Block

Man, I must be doing something right!! When I sell a part, a car, or anything else, I stand behind my end of the deal. I try to describe the item to the best of my ability, take pictures to include in the sale, and leave the deal open until all parties are satisfied. If there is a problem, I resolve it by simply offering the buyer his money back, and if it was my fault, I even pay the return shipping. Just ask my many satisfied customers!!! I stand behind my method and make sure I know what I'm selling. And also, I make sure if I'm selling a car that it is in fact mine!!!

71dodge, why not just offer him his money back and get the parts back?? You had the $35.00 at one time, and should just send him his $$$ back. Covering your end of the deal would go a long way towards future dealings, not covering them will also!!! A deals a deal??? Not unless both parties are satisfied!!!

Good luck resolving this everyone, and let's try to get it done to the satisfaction of both parties, huh??? Geof

If your gonna sell parts,be prepared with money in hand incase the person is not happy with it/return/refund!:read2:

If your gonna sell parts,be prepared with money in hand incase the person is not happy with it/return/refund!

and yes

Man, I must be doing something right!! When I sell a part, a car, or anything else, I stand behind my end of the deal. I try to describe the item to the best of my ability, take pictures to include in the sale, and leave the deal open until all parties are satisfied. If there is a problem, I resolve it by simply offering the buyer his money back, and if it was my fault, I even pay the return shipping. Just ask my many satisfied customers!!! I stand behind my method and make sure I know what I'm selling. And also, I make sure if I'm selling a car that it is in fact mine!!!

71dodge, why not just offer him his money back and get the parts back?? You had the $35.00 at one time, and should just send him his $$$ back. Covering your end of the deal would go a long way towards future dealings, not covering them will also!!! A deals a deal??? Not unless both parties are satisfied!!!

Good luck resolving this everyone, and let's try to get it done to the satisfaction of both parties, huh??? Geof

-------------------------------

and i did have it in the wanted he awnserd it.

The only thing that I disagree about with this whole thread is if a buyer puts himself in a bad position, the only person he can blame is himself.

There are tons of people selling stuff that they don't know what the heck it really is. (71dodge)

and

there are lots of buyers buying stuff without knowing what something really is. (63valiant)

So what gives the buyers any rights when they put themself in that position? None. If you know what you are looking for, or trying to buy, you wouldn't Purchase something that is of no use to you, and then turn around and try and return it saying that you can't use it. DUH! What a waste of time, and money.

If I sold something to someone, and I stated exaclt what it was, and provided pics example 1973 dart fender, and they bought it, and then tried to return it to me because it wouldn't work on there 1968 dart, I wouldn't give them there money back. Thats there fault for not doing research, and wasting my time. Nevermind I told other potential buyers that the item is now sold. Had they asked me if it would work on there car I would have said NO. If I didn't know the answer I would say you would have to check that out somewhere, I don't know.
maybe its just me, but I don't think so.

at the same time, I have bought stuff befor at car swap meets that I thought MIGHT work. and when it doesn't, I just keep it because it was my lack of knowledge that made me buy it.

Truthfully, all the sales mentioned on this thread was a bad transaction from all parties.

S#@TY Deal.

But I hope it all works out

first of all mrtires24 if i bought a fender from u and it was missing a qrtr of the fender i wouldnt buy it from u. if u said i have a fender thats missing a peice and someone buys it and trys to return it then no.

if i had a parts wanted ad up and someone replied to lets say a kickdown linkage and they said here i have one its complete there liars he shouldnt of posted on the wanted parts ad if he didnt know if it was complete or not. im srry if my knowlage of evrey little rod and nut on a car isnt great but i should not be punished for it .

and

"there are lots of buyers buying stuff without knowing what something really is. "

i asked him first day i got it um are u sure its all here. OH YES HE SAID I BOUGHT IT FROM A MEMBER THAT ASSURED ME ITS ALL THERE.

PLUS EVEN IF IT WAS ALL IN THE PACK THE KID FRICKEN PUTS ALL THE PARTS IN A ENVOLOPE THAT BUY THE TIME I GET IT IS TORN OPEN AND RODS STICKING OUT WTF DID I PAY 10DOLLARS FOR SHIPPING IF HE THROWS IT IN A PAPER FRICKEN ENVOLOPE . DUH ITS GONNA FRICKEN RIP!

im srry if my knowlage of evrey little rod and nut on a car isnt great but i should not be punished for it .

Of course you should , that is the only way you will learn . The answers are in the car manuals (alot of the time with illustrations) , buy the right FACTORY manuel for you car and use it . If it still doesn't make sense , then ask a question . Do your own homework , if you take shortcuts , you get what happened to you .

ok here is what we will do about this. when i packed it i know for a fact there was 3 pieces in there and thats all thats needed well a piece must have fallin out when it was in transit being my fault of faulty packageing. here is what i will do ill ship you out the missing piece. its for a 2bbl carb thats is the best i could do is give you the missing piece.

ok here is what we will do about this. when i packed it i know for a fact there was 3 pieces in there and thats all thats needed well a piece must have fallin out when it was in transit being my fault of faulty packageing. here is what i will do ill ship you out the missing piece. its for a 2bbl carb thats is the best i could do is give you the missing piece.
Are we dealing with a couple 3 years olds here or what, man learn how to spell if your going to argue publicly:munky2: On the buyers part, yea he didnt get all the pieces and should have asked for pics, but he didnt get all the pieces and that should be resolved. Seller, I know you said you got the parts and were told they were a complete set and thats not your fault, but you need to learn a little bit of respect if you are going to sell parts to people spending their hard earned money. To the people who think its only $35 get over it, it might be but you dont know the guys finances and maybe he's trying his best to make ends meet while having a little fun with his cars. Someone offered you the piece you were missing for shipping, if the seller is doing nothing I think you would be all over that deal and be done with all this sillyness.

SITUATION RESOLVED
--------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

first of all mrtires24 if i bought a fender from u and it was missing a qrtr of the fender i wouldnt buy it from u. if u said i have a fender thats missing a peice and someone buys it and trys to return it then no.

if i had a parts wanted ad up and someone replied to lets say a kickdown linkage and they said here i have one its complete there liars he shouldnt of posted on the wanted parts ad if he didnt know if it was complete or not. im srry if my knowlage of evrey little rod and nut on a car isnt great but i should not be punished for it .

and

"there are lots of buyers buying stuff without knowing what something really is. "

i asked him first day i got it um are u sure its all here. OH YES HE SAID I BOUGHT IT FROM A MEMBER THAT ASSURED ME ITS ALL THERE.

PLUS EVEN IF IT WAS ALL IN THE PACK THE KID FRICKEN PUTS ALL THE PARTS IN A ENVOLOPE THAT BUY THE TIME I GET IT IS TORN OPEN AND RODS STICKING OUT WTF DID I PAY 10DOLLARS FOR SHIPPING IF HE THROWS IT IN A PAPER FRICKEN ENVOLOPE . DUH ITS GONNA FRICKEN RIP!

63 valiant, your young and I thought it would be a good thing if you learned from this. If you want to say that you were not in the wrong thats fine, but if you keep buying things that way you are bound to screw yourself again.

Maybe you didn't get my example. You just don't understand. This is as much your fault as it is 71dodges. Both people knew nothing about the part...and did not comunicate ( pics)

If someone contacts you with something to sell you, you can't just trust that they have what you need. like you did. Most all scams happen by someone contacting you ( HINT HINT)

You also didn't do your reasearch because you didn'at ask questions, or for pics, and when you did, you asked the seller ( who didn't know what they were talking about either) ever heard the saying the blind leading the blind?

DOing YOUR research is not asking the seller if it will work, or whatnot. You need to look up the parts yourself, ask one of the many members here, PM me if you want, I'll help out if I can. Google image it. Look it up on one of the many other mopar sites ( sorry fabo)

71dodge has proven to need to work on a few things, but, like I said, if you don't learn from this you WILL get screwed again. Its bound to happen.

That is all I have been trying to tell you.

Phil

Took a lil' bit of doing and many opinions were thrown up in the mix, but to finally arrive at an amiccable solution is what the rant threads are about. Buyer beware is a good way to be on the buying end but accountability on the sellers part is and should be expected. on e bay an thru paypal they Do Hold You accountable and here On F.A.B.O. The Family won't and shouldn't tolerate it. In the old days a handshake was a deal and it should still be that way What say You?

how about people just accepting responsibility for there own actions? you sold somebody a non-complete linkage set? instead of coming up with excuse after excuse, just step up and say that you (the seller) are at fault because i did not verify it was all there? on the seller end, instead of going on for days about it, how about "my bad, i did not get pictures." and if you are unsure if all the parts are there because you don't have an illustration go by, how about accepting the fact that this is no ones fault but you own and moving on. selling a car that is your dads? instead of going on and on about how busy dad is and this is not your fault that dad is busy and the title was not taken care of blah balh blah, how about stepping up and saying to the seller, before he shows up with the trailer, i have not had a chance to get the title taken care of so please wait until my i can get it taken care of? and to the buyer of the car, instead of letting this become an issue, back out of the driveway of the seller, explaining that you will return when the title is resolved, and deducting the price of the second trip to pick the car up off the price of the vehicle? sorry for the rant, but i sure as hell feel better..lol. seriously though, people do need to take responsibility for there own actions and stop pointing the finger at others......again, sorry for the rant....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back