rants&venting ! is there rules for selling items here?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the all the side trim off his Dart from 71dodge, everything went awesome, everything was in great shape and packaged well.

I hope this can get figured out, doesn't seem like all this bitching is worth it or even solves anything. Just sounds like an honest mistake, should be easy to solve.

Like I Said Dude IM Done This Kid Keeps Msging Me About Well A DeaLS Is A Deal Just Stfu And Move On I Dont Care About Your Excuses To Me As A Buyer U Are No Longer A Option. CASE CLOSED!

Also I Only Put This Post Out To Warn Not To Get Stuff Started. Maybe There Are Others That Didnt Post To This Topic That Got Good Advice On Not To Buy From This Kid.

i have sold stuff to many people and everybody was satifyed about the price and the part the recieved im sorry you dont feel that way and im sorry you feel that you were jipped on the part

Also I Only Put This Post Out To Warn Not To Get Stuff Started. Maybe There Are Others That Didnt Post To This Topic That Got Good Advice On Not To Buy From This Kid.

If that is what your intentions were, Why didn't you state his ( internet) Name from the begining. I mean if you were going to warn people from someone, WHy would you Not mention the name? You were looking for a hand out...or a warrenty of such IMHO..hence why you were questioning buyer protection from the site

I have not bought anything from 71dodge, and I don't think I would. But my reasons are not from this post.

As far as I am concerned you got what you paid for, and got what you wanted. If there was a problem, you Would have noticed it on Jan 1st when the package arrived.

at the same time you didn't get what you wanted because 71dodge did not know what he was selling. But No pics were emailed, and no description was given, other than " kick down linkage"

SO who is to blame??

It is definatly not fair to post a buyer beware on 71dodge because of this. This is as much buyer beware as it is seller beware!

This was very poor comunication. end of story

Just be thankfull that you learned this on a $35 part, not hundreds or thousands.

Phil

Mind your p's and q's. I'm just waiting for the title to the car and a few major parts that were advertised to be with the car to make it run and drive is that to much to ask?, if I had kicked his tires on the price it might be a diffrent story but since I went over with all of the money for what was advertised I do believe I am entitled to that, 71dodge speak up... should I get the title to the car and what was advertised to be with it? , Your in charge of what people think about this deal so you speak up how you will handle this. as far as being a moderator goes it is a service to the rest of the members including yourself and comes with no special privledges nor does it preclude us from voicing our opinion on matters such as this,what are you thinkin we are diffrent than the rest of the world? Huh? I been waiting around patiently for a call or a pm about my title and parts.
Here's my 2 cents whether anyone wants to read it or not...

71dodge...:angry7:

Kid you better start growing up fast. I have stuck up for you for a a while here and there, but when you sell something you better know what you are selling. A mans word is the only thing shows who you really are. You are a far cry from being a man, and alot of people can see how you might turn out.

63Valian*kiss...:angry7:

Why the heck would you try and purchase something from a known flake? Especially sight unseen. I highly doubt you saw pics. And if you did, you obviously did not know what you were purchasing or what to look for. The proof is in the first post when you said "that the Shop pointed out to you that it was missing something." If you are purchasing something. do your research, and know what you are buying, and always ask for pics of the item(s) so you know what you are getting. That way when you get it, you can point out that something was not mailed to you that was in the Pic. ( Especially if you buying a multi part thing like kick down linkage) If you buy something sight unseen, without doing your research, the only person you can blame is yourself.

Waggin...:angry7:

I get the impression that you are not happy with the purchase of the Dart with " everything to make it run" If you are not happy...Who forced you to buy it? all you had to do is walk away. And as a staff member I don't think you should make a public comment like that on a member. Everyones description of a car they are trying to sell is different. Thats half the fun of looking and buying. When you find a guy selling a car for way less than what its worth, do you tell him, and give him a fair market value? I think not. You pick up the deal with a big smile on your face, but then when you get home and find out the car needs a little more than you thought... Who's fault is that?
If someone says a car has some rust, and when you go to look at it, it turns out to be rusted right out, Do you have to buy it? no. just walk away.

All three should stop and think this through.

I don't think this site should feal obligated to help people out with bad purchases. If you let your guard down, anything can happen, and just because you buy something through this great site, doesn't mean this site is accountable.

Phil

RPM said it best.

Why the heck would you Give money, AND take a car without title in hand?

sure you should be intitled to it...but why would you put yourelf in that position in the first place? The fact of the matter is, you put yourself in a bad postion, just like the other guy. If you took longer than 24 hours to buy the car, maybe you would have seen the whole picture. Sorry Waggin, your a good guy, and I am minding my P's and Q's but I don't see why anyone would buy something the way you and 63valiant did.

Buying with no research, only leaves problems.

Phil

Mind your p's and q's. I'm just waiting for the title to the car and a few major parts that were advertised to be with the car to make it run and drive is that to much to ask?, if I had kicked his tires on the price it might be a diffrent story but since I went over with all of the money for what was advertised I do believe I am entitled to that, 71dodge speak up... should I get the title to the car and what was advertised to be with it? , Your in charge of what people think about this deal so you speak up how you will handle this. as far as being a moderator goes it is a service to the rest of the members including yourself and comes with no special privledges nor does it preclude us from voicing our opinion on matters such as this,what are you thinkin we are diffrent than the rest of the world? Huh? I been waiting around patiently for a call or a pm about my title and parts.

Maybe Im Speaking For Myself But I Thought I Found A Site Full Of Ppl To Help And Not Just Sit There And Lie I Was Maybe To Nice Of A Person To Beleive Evreyone On Here Knew What They Where Selling And Maybe Enough Respect For The Game To Rip Someone Off No Matter What The Price Be It Still Sucks Memike Can Vouge For Me The Very Same Time I Bought This Part I Was In A Very Tight Spot And 35 May Not Be Alot To U Guys But After Losing My Job And Having Little Funds 35 Was Alot. Im Srry For Not Asking For Pics Before Buying. Waggin I Really Hope U Get What U Should Out Of This Kid Cause I Didnt

i told you i wil have the title if my name was my dads it would have already been done my dad is super busy and i cant stop that! YOU WILL GET A TITLE and we will talk about the parts etc

I have a bill of sale and now he is pm'ing me about straightening it out and I have a lil faith that he will do what is right, being a good guy or nice is not a weakness on my part......or anyones for that matter, this is f.a.b.o. after all one big usually happy family :cheers:I had not been told of any part's that were sold after I looked at the car
Why the heck would you Give money, AND take a car without title in hand?

sure you should be intitled to it...but why would you put yourelf in that position in the first place? The fact of the matter is, you put yourself in a bad postion, just like the other guy. If you took longer than 24 hours to buy the car, maybe you would have seen the whole picture. Sorry Waggin, your a good guy, and I am minding my P's and Q's but I don't see why anyone would buy something the way you and 63valiant did.

Buying with no research, only leaves problems.

Phil

as far as being a moderator goes it is a service to the rest of the members including yourself and comes with no special privledges nor does it preclude us from voicing our opinion on matters such as this,what are you thinkin we are diffrent than the rest of the world? Huh? I been waiting around patiently for a call or a pm about my title and parts.

Sorry Waggin, I didn't finish...

I do think that mediators should hold themselfs a little more professionally. after all you are mediating the site as a leadership role.

I am sorry that you did get screwed on your deal. But when you noticed not all parts were coming, and title wasn't there, why didn't you walk away? or just give him half and say the other half will come when I get the rest?

Sorry Waggin, I didn't finish...

I do think that mediators should hold themselfs a little more professionally. after all you are mediating the site as a leadership role.

I am sorry that you did get screwed on your deal. But when you noticed not all parts were coming, and title wasn't there, why didn't you walk away? or just give him half and say the other half will come when I get the rest?
umm thats what he did he gave me some and said id get the rest when the title was in hadn all that has to be done is have it registered and he knows were i live and he has abill of sale on the car and he still has to come back and get the roof and some other parts

I have a bill of sale and now he is pm'ing me about straightening it out and I have a lil faith that he will do what is right, being a good guy or nice is not a weakness on my part......or anyones for that matter, this is f.a.b.o. after all one big usually happy family :cheers:

Being a good guy/nice guy has nothing to do with it. Just cause you nice doesn't mean you can let your guard down and nothing will happen. IMHO I think that if you didn't buy the car someone else will. I thought the price was reasonable ( without looking at it) but, like I said, once you got there and not everything was there, why not just ...

a) walk away
b) Give a deposit and tell him to call when its ready.
c) load the car, and when he asks for the money, give him 1/2 and say the other half is yours when I get the title/parts.

Just cause you may be a nice guy doesn't make you invincable to getting screwed. You are the only person that can look out for yourself.

Phil

umm thats what he did he gave me some and said id get the rest when the title was in hadn all that has to be done is have it registered and he knows were i live and he has abill of sale on the car and he still has to come back and get the roof and some other parts

Well then thats good. no need to look at my other comment waggin. looks like you covered your but then.

71dodge..you do need to fix that...YESTERDAY!

i know but im not my dad and he is the only one that can register the car so it will have a clean title i cant

This is turning into a whole other problem.

What a shady deal...buying a project car from a kid, The car is not regestered, and only the kids dad can register it? Let me guess...the kids dad was not there?

Man I would have ran. If I saw any parts that I wanted that I could have taken right then, I would make an offer for them, and leave the car.

Hey dylan, Does you dad have to register it because you are not old enough to? or is it because its not your car?

well im not old enough and the car was bought in my dads name not mine and my dad signed the title when he bought it and we never got it registered because it was not road worthy so it sat in the garage we still have the title but my dad signed it so until it is registered the car is stilll in my dads name but its waggins car after we get it registered waggin will sign his name and then come and get the rest of his parts. the car was givin to me by my dad for my 15th birthday thats why its in his name it waas his car

Wouldn't it be best now if those of us who don't know the facts would suspend making comments and conjecturing and leave it to the parties to settle themselves?

maybe the laws are different in florida, that is why i ask this. how come the title was never transfered out of the owners name when 71dodge bought it? when i sold/purchased vehicles in az the title needed to be notatized and then you only had a set time to transfer before penalities would kick in. to purchase a car from someone who does not hold the title is risky, at best. you are taking them at there word that the title is clear....

Wouldn't it be best now if those of us who don't know that facts would suspend making comments and conjecturing and leave it to the parties to settle themselves?

You may be right...

but at the same time I don't think these parties envovled really see the big picture. there is alot of learning from this.

Not registering a car, even non-op, is just not a good idea. Then to go and sell it without a current title?? Wow.....

Thank's for clearing that up.....Wagg's
well im not old enough and the car was bought in my dads name not mine and my dad signed the title when he bought it and we never got it registered because it was not road worthy so it sat in the garage we still have the title but my dad signed it so until it is registered the car is stilll in my dads name but its waggins car after we get it registered waggin will sign his name and then come and get the rest of his parts. the car was givin to me by my dad for my 15th birthday thats why its in his name it waas his car

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back