RARE 340 wedge car???

-

Ryan426_

Reaction score
just wondering if anybody has any production numbers or know if this is a rare car also if you have any input please comment the car is a 1971 plymouth duster 340 WEDGE car been in a garage 20+ years one owner, buildsheet, all numbers matching car the car is an original
v24-340 callout/black hood, j45-hood pins, j81-go wing, g36-painted dual racing mirrors, the car is ev2 hemi orange with ev2 hemi orange interior 340 backed with a 3-speed manual tranny and still on its original dog dish wheels thanks for the input http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/ryan426_2007/100_0932.jpg

yes it is rare. buy it and restore it. last year of the rally dash too i believe. not too many had the rear go wings and hood callout.

oh ya iam around next week and going to restore it it still has alot of its chalk marks there some on the grille support and a 'W' on the inside of the hood also still has its original dealership sticker on the back, right uinder the taillight from the dealership and same town it was found in

yea it's rare i read something about how rare that orange inter. is i'll try and find it all 340 cars are rare anyway now adays whats the asking price

Is it a cool car, yep, I'd buy it if the price was right. All depends on what it can be bought for.

Rare from a 340 sense, not really. Lots of 340 cars floating around. Orange and black interior cuts the numbers down for sure and is unusual. Has some neat options on it in a desirable color.

The bad on that car that really kills desirability, 3 speed manual trans. No two ways around that.

That's my 2 cents

This is an awesome car! I would think that it is very rare, especially the interior/exterior color, and the wing and blacked out hood. The 3-speed is probably more rare because most people wanted a 4-speed. I would buy it if I had the chance!! Good luck! :thumbup:

ya exactly kinda wierd options they got the whole appearance package of a 340, hood pins, mirros, go-wing, ext. but ran out of money to get a heavy duty 4-speed tranny and the 3:55 or 3:91 gears

There was an article in a mag. about the 3 spd. being very rare in that car !My 72' 340 was orig. a 3 spd man.

ya i heard about that article does anybody know what magazine it is from or website thanks

I think the 3 speed manual was the standard trans with the 340. Most people just check off the 4 speed or auto.
Insurance companies also didnt charge as much for 3 speeds.

yep adamr that is correct and the car still sits in its original town it was bought in and still has the dealership sticker on the taillight panel.. im gonna check see if that dealership is still around

there were only 4265 340 3 pdeed dustersmade for 1971. now out of that how many had those options? way less....just a guess but 150 or less...only galen govier can tell you the rest of the story on that car.

there were only 4265 340 3 pdeed dustersmade for 1971. now out of that how many had those options? way less....just a guess but 150 or less...only galen govier can tell you the rest of the story on that car.

Please don't waste your money sending it to Galen. You'll likely never hear back from him because it's not a HEMI, Bird, or E-body 6 pack car .

It's a unique car no doubt. If the price is right BUY IT! I'd scoop that car up in a heartbeat as Duster 340's are my favorite, it's a manual trans car and a cool color. :notworth:

you will hear back from him. it will take about 4-5 months but you will hear back. is it worth it? well depends on the car and what you think. with a car like that to me it would be worth every penny to get it done. saying it is rare is one thing, but being able to prove it is another story all together.....just my 2 cents.

you will hear back from him. it will take about 4-5 months but you will hear back. is it worth it? well depends on the car and what you think. with a car like that to me it would be worth every penny to get it done. saying it is rare is one thing, but being able to prove it is another story all together.....just my 2 cents.

Got two friends with 6 pack B cars going on three years... Nothing. IMHO a total waste and they paid for the expedited service too!!!

YMMV

I own a 1971 340 Wedge Duster with the V24 hod and go-wing. Mine is restored original and is Sassy Grass Green, auto on column and has the orginal dog dish hubcaps. That car is really worth restoring as the V24 hoods were only put on about 10% of the Duster 340s. The go-wings are rare on A body's, 3 speeds are rare and the colors are great.

hey i'm still looking for that mag i found one with a black 3spd 340 duster title reads bizzare special order 3spd duster 340 ever seen one? it has a 5 page write up on it in which galen govier says it's very rare thats in the 2004 october mopar collectors guide mag.they sell back issues on there site

ya i will probly send it to galen govier kinda curious with the rarity id like to take it to shows after restoring it and with so many clones out there id just love to have the proof of what this car is and i think i read somewhere that only 511 made with the v24 option not sure finding #'s for duster are tough anyone know how much galen govier runs..but three years hell with that id be calling them. and ya i saw that back issue 3-speed 340 on there site but $6 +shipping im a cheap *** lol and as soon as i get the car i will put up some more pics

In 1970 my dad bought a 1970 Duster with hemi orange paint the 340 3 speed trans, 3:91 gears black interior with the front bench seat. He told me that he always prefferd the 3 speed to the 4 speed for drag racing, never said why though.

ya i will probly send it to galen govier kinda curious with the rarity id like to take it to shows after restoring it and with so many clones out there id just love to have the proof of what this car is and i think i read somewhere that only 511 made with the v24 option not sure finding #'s for duster are tough anyone know how much galen govier runs..but three years hell with that id be calling them. and ya i saw that back issue 3-speed 340 on there site but $6 +shipping im a cheap *** lol and as soon as i get the car i will put up some more pics

http://www.gvgovier.com/
it is about 100.00 depending on what you want done. i just sent my wife's car info in may 16? and it was 127.00.

ya i saw were to get it on registry is $11.00 or something like that thanks

Does anyone here really give a crap what Govier says about this car. I can give you MY expert opinion on cool Mopars, and this is definately one of them!! Put that money towards your resto, you scored a great deal. I'm jealous Ryan, congrats.

-
Back