RARE A body Radio and Cassette Recorder

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
:newb:I have a RARE A Body AM Radio and Cassette Recorder that mounts on the cent hump comes with the OEM Mic and Hook up harness The Radio is Rare to find for the A Body The Cassette Recorder will fit B and E Body but uses a different radio this set looks Great comes the case and mount

$2500.00 OBO I am having trouble posting pic but can send pix by email Guys im sorry I am new to this

Heres the ad from the 71 brochure.

Does your player work? Have you had it serviced?

Attachments

• 71_Valiant_Duster_9.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 944
What years did these Cary over into looks like I need to go view my 74 dart literature

They came out in 71 but went on several more years New in 71 they were priced at around $400 could have add a nicer engine back then for that money

Attachments

• all.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 846
I have two one in my Duster. I installed a CD player in mine. Mounted right in no mods. Looks like it came there. I found one in a 71 Monaco and one in a 4spd. Demon. Seen many over the years. Casset will not work without the radio it came with. plugs into the back and is used for volume control. You can record or talk through your speakers. Monaco had a speaker mounted in the grille. I only ever saw them in 71's

Attachments

• DSCF2825.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 854
I'ld be happy to get one of housings so I could do the same thing.

My 73 Charger parts car came with one.
I was almost ready to leave after loading up all the extra parts, and they guy comes out holding it and says..."oh yea, this goes with it, too". I almost wet myself.
The base was still screwed to the hump, but had an 8 track on it.

The B Body one has a different base for console/non-console.
I've never seen any A body with one.
Wonder if there were any console/cassette A body cars? (since the console is different)
It is standard "DIN" width (how cool is that for 71-74?), but not quite 1.5 DIN height. It's also a little shallow, but workable.

Attachments

• IMG_20110904_170024 [1024x768].jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 822
I had been looking for one for a few years. They are kinda pricey.

The cassette player is the same as a B/E/C body, its the base thats different. The AM deck however is unique to A bodies only.

Great to see parts like this surface! Ma Mopar had quite a lot of extras in her trick bag.Don't get upset about getting flammed over the price,its very common here.Nice parts and GOOD LUCK on the sale.Last one I looked at sold for 2100. so you are in the ballpark,just a slow market right now.

Did not know they offered these for A bodies,,, got a couple for e body floor mount style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back