Rare Find? Gas Master Manifold Guage

-

rarichard

Reaction score
So my uncle who switches out cars constantly and has thrown me numerous chevelle/GTO stuff in the past said that he thought I might like this guage. I can't find much on it but one link to a story from Hemmings about the same piece.
This is in fact an original version with heavy metal chromed housing, has never been installed, I did check the power wire and it does light up, I also pulled about 5 inches of vacuum with my mouth through the tube so I know it works, though how accurate is another story.
Not that he cares or wants anything for it, but just out of curiosity what do you suppose it's worth? and I really would like to find a way to use it on my 74 swinger. The car is nice but not completely original, would it be too much to go hood mounted tach location with it? It doesn't really fit the rectangular nature of the interior dash setup that is nice original stock setup.
Does anyone else have this guage?
Thanks in advance.

IMG_5848.JPG

IMG_5849.JPG

IMG_1968.JPG

Cool ride and gauge! Might not be suitable for hood mount as being exposed to elements, plus cutting a hole in the hood???

Almost looks like some marine stuff. It's just a vacuum gauge. A neat lookin one. It would plug into any manifold vacuum port you can find. You can tee it off the power brake booster hose.

Stick it on Trans Hump run the hose to your Vacuum Advance and Tee it in...

I should also add, where the heck would I hook up the vacuum lead to? it's a slant six
About every slant I have seen has a port in the #6 intake runner with a vacuum tree with maybe 5 places to connect a vacuum line. Just be careful the vacuum port trees were made of a very weak pot metal, pretty easy to break. If you do it is simple to fashion a tree out of small diameter plumbing t’s and unions from your local hardware store.

You could tee into the hose going to the choke pull-off. You can buy various size vacuum tees at the "Oh Really's" n' other "parts stores"

Use to see those all the time in the 70's...

-
Back