Re: BAD MEMBER ALERT...Gouivel !!!! DAVID SHAW

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouivel

Reaction score
To whom it may concern,

Just wanted to take a minute to explain my side of the story. As some of you know, I bought a 66 dart and planned on restoring it at my house. After a series of unfortunate events I was forced to relocate and the car was moved to another location where I was unable to work on it. Then I was informed that I need to move the car yet again, but had no other place to move it, so quite unfortunately, was forced to sell it.

Superdart contacted me about some parts. After corresponding with him about price and availability of other parts, he gave me a list of parts he wanted and asked for price plus shipping. I contacted greyhound bus lines to get a shipping quote. Quickly superdart was borderline spamming my PM inbox and my email asking about the pricing. I informed him that I work 2 jobs and am building up my own business and that it is difficult for me to get back quickly time to time.

I responded to Superdart with the total costs. He informed me that he didn't have enough money to send me, and in my desire to both help him, and un-hinder myself from the parts, I told him I would use the money he sent to ship the parts, and he could send me the rest of the money when he had it. He said he would send a money order. This was the week before Thanksgiving.

So I waited for the Money order over the weekend and the following monday and into Thanksgiving week. He contacted me asking if I received the money order. I told him I had not. He responded that I should have got it days ago, and later that night my manager showed up at the door with a USPS envelope telling me they delivered it to her unit a few days ago because I was not home. I messaged superdart to let him know what had transpired and informed him that I would be shipping the parts the weekend following Thanksgiving.

Saturday night he was messaging me for a tracking number. Irritating, considering I told him about my schedule and was willing to work with him on the money. but, I understand that he was anxious to get the parts so no worries.

I was unable to make it to the Greyhound station until Monday. Upon checking the parts in they told me it was going to be 185% of the total they had quoted me over the phone, the price I had quoted superdart. Basically I would have had to take a huge loss if I shipped with them. So, I spent the next 3 days unsuccessfully trying to locate an alternate carrier.

When I returned to my computer to explain to superdart, the details of the situation. I opened my inbox to a slough of messages from him:

"Tracking number!"
"Where are my parts!"
"Return my money!"
"I'm going to report you as a thief!"
etc...

Enraged and insulted, and in hindsight, I agree it was not the right choice but I was pissed off, I ignored him and just returned his money. After a a couple days and more messages I responded that his money was on the way...

I did end up selling the parts to another member. That was 3 days ago. After the incident with superdart.

In conclusion: If the admins feel I should be banned from the site, I will accept that because I agree that I acted rashly. But I have my dignity and I don't enjoy being disrespected, insulted, or accused of things I would not do.

Well, I just wanted to throw a little light onto the other side of the coin. For what it's worth I would have taken a loss of money to accommodate superdart, because I actually enjoy helping people, if he only would have cooled his jets, so to speak.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season, and a happier New Year,

Dave

P.S.
I would like to add, to those of you who claimed that "only a fool would have bought parts from that guy" because of my listing or what have you; To each his or her own, but I hardly think an ad that basically says I have these parts, here are pictures, would anyone like to buy them, constitutes a "sketchy" seller... perhaps, someone would care to clarify as to the error of my listing...

The OTHER side of the story is always great to have. I do apologize for my fool comment.

I knew you were an ok guy from reading your Dart thread. Hope you get another one some day.

Not picking sides, but I can say in my opinion is holding resentment/bitterness. He wanted to buy a part from me, asked me to wait a week for $$. I told him sorry, Im laid off and need $$ for bills/Christmas asap. He waited until another member started a gracious/kind thread about me. SD426 tried to slag me in the other members thread(Mod stepped in and cleaned it up.Thanks!). Ya lost my respect Bob.....

thank you for that clarification Gouivel. somehow i knew you were a civil guy. sometimes we just cant afford to take a loss . he got his money back , and thats what matters.

thank you for that clarification Gouivel. somehow i knew you were a civil guy. sometimes we just cant afford to take a loss .
This is true, but based on what Gouviel said about Superdarts behavior I do not blame him one bit for refunding his money and selling the parts to some one else. If I had someone bombarding me with pm's like he apparently did I would have done the same thing. Sometimes other aspects of ones life gets in the way of our "hobby"...........

This is true, but based on what Gouviel said about Superdarts behavior I do not blame him one bit for refunding his money and selling the parts to some one else. If I had someone bombarding me with pm's like he apparently did I would have done the same thing. Sometimes other aspects of ones life gets in the way of our "hobby"...........

i absolutely , 1,000 % agree . if someone is going to be a DICK about it, i will take the heat and move on to someone else that will appreciate what i am trying to do for them.

sorry if i offended anyone

Rough deal for sure.

I wonder what the response would have been if you just said, hey shipping via GH was going to be $200 instead of the $70 they quoted me over the phone?

Hope the business you started flourishes. Good luck.

Yeah Lance, looks that way.

The rotten thing about selling parts is people basically demand that you stick to any quote that gets provided for shipping. Sometimes the people at the services ignore some of the size or weight levels and that increases the quote, EVEN THOUGH you make a good faith effort to provide the best info possible and be dilligent.

I know I'm not taking a bath on shipping if that happens. It's not fair or right to the seller, not to mention the time/materials it takes to pack stuff up. Pass the info along and leave it to the buyer how you proceed. Looks like that may have happened. I could see trying to collect an amount due from someone for additional shipping cost. If they aren't going to pay for shipping, send back the money...

I know I wouldn't be shipping anything without all the money on the barrel head. It's like Wimpy from Popeye. I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today... Got plenty of ex-friends like that!

Sounds like David may have been pretty reasonable here.

I think you handled it very well, and to offer the parts like you did without all the $$ upfront. Buyer is NUTZ. Shipping is Shipping, it is a HARD Cost. No way can you eat it. I would have done the exact same thing.

I was wondering when your side of the story would show up and I am glad it did. My dad and I have been through something similiar when he wold his mustang to a guy in Austrilia and the car's interior got shipped on the boat on the way there. The buyer thought we screwed him over and eventually it all just went away. My dad is a used car sales men and we have even had a few people looking around our house at night because they thought we ripped them off in some way.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for taking the time to hear my side of the story and considering where I'm coming from here. As I said I would have been glad to work with him on shipping and payment but I guess he couldn't trust my kindness. It's a shame that it had to work out this way, but as I mentioned, there's only so much a man can take. I agree that I COULD have ignored his BS and just wrote him back to tell him about the shipping, but in all honesty who needs that **** when you're trying to do something nice for someone? Everyone I have dealt with on FABO has been great to me. There really is a feeling of community here for the most part. Bonding through Bondo, lol. But I guess you can't please everyone. It's just a shame that people have to live with being so high strung and on edge. Spooled up tighter than a turbo... Anyway, thanks again for hearing me out.

And Goldfish65, I can't wait till I get a chance to get another project going, but next time I'm going to be absolutely sure I'm in the position to actually get it done! But of course, it's hard to expect the unexpected. And plan for it anyway.

i found out shipping estimates can be way off my self lucky for me my fiance and her mom work at a shipping place and saved me a bunch lol

Rough deal for sure.

I wonder what the response would have been if you just said, hey shipping via GH was going to be $200 instead of the $70 they quoted me over the phone?

Hope the business you started flourishes. Good luck.
this is true..all i asked for was a response and as he said in his post i got ignored and was never told anything about GH,YOUR BUSINESS ADVENTURE OR ANYTHING AT ALL.I DIDN'T SEND THE PM,S TIL I SAW IN YOUR THREAD YOU WERE DEALING WITH SOMONE ELSE.AND THE AMOUNT OF MONEY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WAS 50.00 ..sd426

Not chosing sides,but I've met Dave in person,and bought parts from him.
He's a good guy,plain and simple.

Shipping nowadays on big heavy parts,is expensive. It's unfortunate this deal went south,but at least the money was returned. No harm no foul.

Do you really want me post the PM's and dates?

And as far as the amount of $50 goes. I hardly think it's relevant whether it was $50 or $500 I was going to let you pay LATER on the parts I was going to send to you NOW on good faith.

Had you've been calm and patient with my lack of time as I was for your need and lack of money, than we would have done business together... But you were not.

As far as selling the parts out from under you: As I stated in my post, I didn't sell the parts until after you had RECEIVED the money back. You can ask all the people I pm'd back that the parts were already sold before you started in with your ridiculous accusations and repetitive harassment...

Gouivel Do you still have the pm's ?

I have the last half, had to delete some because I was hitting the 100 message max and cleared the older sent and received messages that at the time I didn't think I would need to save, lol. There's that hindsight again...

I think whats done is done,,you chose not to communicate and sell to someone else and in my book that is totally wrong and something that shouldn't be done,GOOD LUCK with the business..you know how i feel..sd426

I have the last half, had to delete some because I was hitting the 100 message max and cleared the older sent and received messages that at the time I didn't think I would need to save, lol. There's that hindsight again...
I say post them if bobs worng or your worng we should be able to tell from that .. Bob feel free to do the same

And as far as the amount of $50 goes. I hardly think it's relevant whether it was $50 or $500 I was going to let you pay LATER on the parts I was going to send to you NOW on good faith.

Had you've been calm and patient with my lack of time as I was for your need and lack of money, than we would have done business together... But you were not.

As far as selling the parts out from under you: As I stated in my post, I didn't sell the parts until after you had RECEIVED the money back. You can ask all the people I pm'd back that the parts were already sold before you started in with your ridiculous accusations and repetitive harassment...

thats whats up

Life's too short let's move on and maybe learn a lesson in patience and keeping a cool head in future dealings.

Sad to admit it was entertaining, I ate half a bag of mini-marshmallows reading last night's thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back