Re-chromed dash parts

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Although I haven't received them yet, Vic from VAE Dash Restorations - http://www.vae-restorations.com sent me the before and after pictures of the 66 Barracuda instrument bezel, glove box and end panel I'm gonna use on my custom gauge dash in my wagon. I am so stoked up on these parts :cheers: Sharp-eyed members probably noticed the heater/AC bezel which is not for the Barracuda. It's actually for my 65 GT (which is getting a stock dash). His prices are decent as well plus I would rather support a member's business endeavors. For some reason the "Before" picture won't upload; trust me - the parts were pretty crappy looking.

IM005112.jpg

IM005116.jpg

Those look really good. Do you think that 'silver' color is close to 'light argent'? I'm using a RMD aluminum dash insert in my '69 Dart and am thinking of painting it 'light argent', but I really like that 'silver' color of your dash.

Those look really good. Do you think that 'silver' color is close to 'light argent'? I'm using a RMD aluminum dash insert in my '69 Dart and am thinking of painting it 'light argent', but I really like that 'silver' color of your dash.

I honestly don't know what that silver color is (I just have the pictures - my parts will be shipped either tomorrow or Friday - can't wait!). The silver color looks to be about the same color as was on the original unrestored cluster I sent him. Before I found about VAE, I did check out other plastic chrome places for pricing (and end user comments) and in their pictures the 66 dash also appears to be about the same color. I can query Vic and see if he will let me know what that particular color is (if it's not a trade secret).

Those are some awsome pieces !!!

I'll possibly be next in line....

Like I said in my first post, Vic is a member here and I'd much rather support a member's business (like Leanna of PSC) than take it elsewhere. Big plus is he's less expensive than the "big" names and gave me great service. Unlike the other guys, he wanted no money upfront, only paying after the job was done. He prefers PayPal,; he told me if the customer had a problem with his work, they would have recourse with PayPal. I've got a 65 Valiant/Barracuda bezel that's definitely going to him to get redone.

Very nice work, you should be very happy. Way back when I got my dash stuff redone for my 66, Mr. G's was the only game in town. He's expensive, which is why the bezel in Nella's car is not done yet, but I have been waiting for an updated post that included Vic's contact info. I am going to send out the trim for Nella's car to him, I know he does good work and I too would like to support the good people here on FABO. Thanks for sharing Don, I'm gonna write down his ID in ink this time!!! Geof

My dash parts that VAE did came in today and just got them unwrapped. Let me tell you that the pictures that Vic took as well as any that I can take would not do justice to these parts!!:-D:-D Boys and Girls - this stuff is absolutely stunning to look at! Looks like I better make sure the dash frame, dash pad, defroster vents are as perfect as these parts! VAE definitely has my strongest recommendations to do any instrument cluster work! :cheers:

Vic did my 68 dash for my barracuda. I actually went to his house to drop off my parts as he was close to my office. He did a FABULOUS job and was great to work with. I can HIGHLY reccommend him to all FABO members !

Vic sent me a resized "before" picture so I will post it. Be sure to compare this "Before" with my previously posted "After" in my first post for this thread.

PICT0203a.jpg

Wow Don! Those look cruddier than the dash for this 65 GT I'm working on. Where is VAE located? I sent my dash to GCAR in Washington. Yours looks really nice. I'll have to upload some pics so we can compare! Scott

Wow Don! Those look cruddier than the dash for this 65 GT I'm working on. Where is VAE located? I sent my dash to GCAR in Washington. Yours looks really nice. I'll have to upload some pics so we can compare! Scott

VAE is located in Michigan. I checked on GCAR as well as Auto Instruments in my state of VA and several others and chose VAE because of recommendations from other members of this site (plus his prices were really good too!). His web site is posted elsewhere in this thread and you can take those prices to the bank.

Is your GT a hardtop or convert. I've got a 65 GT convert that I've owned since '84 and is undergoing a complete resto.

anybody know if he does the woodgrain 73 Duster bezels? I didn't see them on his pricelist.

anybody know if he does the woodgrain 73 Duster bezels? I didn't see them on his pricelist.

I don't know but I'd give him a call to find out. If he's out, he will call you back on his nickle - like I said before GREAT customer service.

Wow! What a difference in the before and after pics. An awesome job for sure. Prices look very reasonable compared to the repro's out there.

Can he repair broken or damaged parts? I've got a spare ralley dash for my Demon but it's broken around the radio.

Wylde1.

Wylde1.

-
Back