Re-doing a set of Bucket Seats

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I'm looking into replacing the buckets in my 68 Dart since they are from a late model (i don't even know what) car. I'd like to use a mopar high back-style bucket. In checking prices for upholstery and seat foams, I'm sort of blown away. Does anyone sell affordable factory style upholstery and seat foams? The ones I saw on Legendary's website were $440 for one cover for a 71 Duster bucket seat and $240 for the foams for that one seat. That's almost $700 per seat, $1,400 for the pair?! Is that what it costs to re-do these seats, or am I missing something here??? Is there a more affordable alternative?

Someone fill me in...

Thanks!

Thanks. I'll check them out. I was unsure if the cover and foam prices were for one seat or two.

I found a set of worn out 71 duster buckets I was thinking about re-doing. But not if I need to sell my left nut to do so.

I just finished a set of A Body Highbacks for my 70 Dart. New covers from Legendary and new foam. I bought the covers and foam at the Mopars in the Park car show last year. So I got 10 or 15% off. I still have about $1300 in them. They look nice! But Yikes! Makes you wonder about aftermarket seats for sure. Lol

I bought foams off Jegs for 100.00 per seat,
Summit sells them too.
I bought covers off a member on here for
very reasonable.

I just finished a set of A Body Highbacks for my 70 Dart. New covers from Legendary and new foam. I bought the covers and foam at the Mopars in the Park car show last year. So I got 10 or 15% off. I still have about $1300 in them. They look nice! But Yikes! Makes you wonder about aftermarket seats for sure. Lol

So those prices I found were for each. Damn! I guess there goes that idea. lol

I purchased PUI for my 67 Barracuda at Tamrazs discount warehouse, they were a little cheaper but the foam and covers fit like crap. Wish I would have went with something better.

I bought a pair of seats from a member here for $480.00....Tracks in good shape. Covers were shot. Brought them to an upholstery shop with pics of what they should look like. He cut the foam and made covers from scratch. That was another $580.00. So $1060.00 total.They came out pretty damn nice...My Duster will be driven and enjoyed and its not a concourse restoration by any means. ....No matter how you slice it it ain't cheap....Way better than owning a Camaro or Chevelle.......

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys. I guess I'll put this project on the back burner since $1500 to re-do a set of seats seems a bit high. I may see what a local upholstery shop would charge.

I went to a local upholstery shop in. North Carolina and ask for a quote to install the covers I purchased from Dante. They wanted 700 just for the installation. Not that hard, so I will do this myself. Stock 65 barracuda seats

FWIW.............As some know I used PUI on m '69 buckets which came out pretty decent.
I just got a sample patch from Legendary (you can order sample I found) to compare with the PUI vinyl that I used. The thickness is virtually the same between the two according to my 0-1" barrel mic. The backing on the Legendary has a more uniform chain link than the PUI . Not sure how this affects performance or feel.
Left side Legendary, right side PUI..................
LegVSPUI.gif

-
Back