Re priming oil pump

-

josekh7

Reaction score
Do i need to reprime oil pump if the engine fail to start due to a dying battery. It will be restarted again before 24hours it's a brand new 440

Are you saying it won't make pressure on the battery? You trying to prime it with the starter, or what? What did you do to prime it to start with?

If this is a new cam needing break in you are on dangerous ground. First thing is to get / charge an adequate battery, and fix whatever else might be wrong that it won't crank.

Do i need to reprime oil pump if the engine fail to start due to a dying battery. It will be restarted again before 24hours it's a brand new 440
if you are saying you primed and then it didn't start - nah.. you should be good to go

I primed it with a drill and priming tool straight to the pump I tried starting the engine after priming but no battery power

As long as you had oil in the pan when it almost cranked, it will suck-up and push oil. More concerning is if you wiped off most of the lube on the cam lobes without starting and running it at various RPM's for 20 minutes.

-
Back