re-setting hood torsion springs.

-

Paulos

Reaction score
My early 69 Vf Valiant or possibly an A body equivalant in the American school has taken a hit in the front pass side quarter which has dis-engaged the coil spring from it's lug. This in turn has off-set the front bonnet. It appears that these hood springs are spooled onto the lug under tension as I cannot manually engage enough force to reset it according to the appearance of the other. If I'm correct in saying this, does anyone know how to respool these springs back onto the lugs and is there a technique for doing such.

Thanks for any feedback. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/images/smilies/BangHead.gif

Probably get a faster answer under body interior and trim section. I am sure yours is the same as 67 and up and this column is early A being 66 and older.

Just push down the spring by hand & put it in the hinge. Takes a bit of force, put some a$$ into it! Get a stronger helper if you can't do it alone. Assume you have the hood off, not sure if it can be done w/ hood on.

update- Does a 69 have torsion bars (like early A) or scrolled springs?? If not torsion disregard, does not apply, ask on a different board.

Thanks for your replies chryslerfat and 396 Signet, I was unsure of where to place post, so I can see that it has been moved to a better spot. This model does have scrolled springs I would say, I may have to consider removing hood to reset also or just do away with the whole deal and consider setting up a different option.

-
Back